Glock Reloading with after market barrel

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

deputylynch
    (12/9/02 9:02:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Glock Reloading with after market barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm wondering if anyone has any good loads to use in my Glock 21 with an aftermarket Federal Arms Stainless Barrel?

I prefer to use Bullseye Powder and am wondering what success anyone has had?

Thanks,
    Dave

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/9/02 10:02:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Glock Reloading with after market barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    deputylynch, Welcome to The Firearms Forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here. We will try and get your question answered. I haven't loaded for the 21 or anyother glock for that matter. I do have one question though. This new aftermarket barrel, does it fully "support" the case. I know some aftermarket barrels only partially support the barrel and reloading for these barrels can be dangerous.

As for a load, I don't know. I use a lot of Power Pistol and Universal. Hodgdon Tite Group works pretty good.

One last word... Be careful. Safety first.

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/10/02 10:13:37 am)
    Welcome, Deputylynch.

What's a Glock...a German coo coo clock?

Justa funnin, maybe one of our Glockmiesters will come along give you the information you need.

How about it, Blackgun or Doc, can you help this member.

Gunguy

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/10/02 4:01:01 pm)
    Welcome to the forum, DeputyLynch -

Hope you'll join in with the other folk here on the board in the various forums.

As to loads for the Glock with an aftermarked barrel, this is surely the way to go. The original Glocks with the polygonal rifling does not lend itself to soft lead bullets, causing a lead buildup that soon become dangerous. Having worked at a gun range, I've personally seen several of the Glocks blow up in the shooter's hands when using such reloads. If the aftermarket barrel has standard rifling, you'll be OK.

As to particular loads, I'm not a Glock shooter (see above!) so I'll defer to those with the experience to advise you.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/10/02 7:28:57 pm)
    I reload for my 1911's, and I suspect that reloading the Glock 21 with the aftermarket barrel would be the same thing. I don't use Bullseye, so I can't recommend a specific load, but I can't imagine any issues over loading for other .45's. I load 5.1gr W231 with 200gr FP rounds for my target load in my Kimber and Springfield 1911's.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 10:36:31 am)
    Hi deputylynch.....Welcome to TFF.

A good load for plinking and paperpunching with my 1911s in .45 ACP: 200 gr. SWC, 3.5 to 3.7 gr. Bullseye. For hotter loads, I prefer Unique.

deputylynch
    (12/11/02 5:05:14 pm)
    What do you recomend for 230 gr lead 4.0 gr of Bullseye is what I seem to remember everyone using for accuracy?

Thanks,
    Dave

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 6:51:09 pm)
    That's a good safe load, DL. If it gives you good accuracy, it sure shouldn't hurt your gun.

5.2 gr. of Bullseye with a 230 gr. RN bullet approximates the Military and standard factory load. This should be a safe load with your gun also....even if it is made of plastic .

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/11/02 7:02:17 pm)
    Deputylynch, what you have to keep in mind it that what works accurately for others, won't necessarily work for you. It may be a good starting point, but you will have to go up a few tenth's of a grain, or down a few.

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!