glock slide release

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sarzak, Mar 7, 2006.

1. sarzak

sarzak New Member

i think i want to install an extended slide release on my glock. does anyone
    have any experience with this? I am not a big fan of modifying guns, but this
    really bugs me when i cant "bump" the slide forward when putting in a new mag. the original slide release is usually not condusive to to sweeping it with the right thumb and i end up using the left thumb. it only happens every once in awhile but still...
  2. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

First the slide release on the Glock was designed for inspection mode only. The Glock was designed for you to just pull back on the slide and release during a mag change. Being left handed I had been doing that forever, so it came natural to me.

My old Dept put extended slide releases on their issue Glocks. Those use to doing it the old way like them. They are not hard to change, nor are they expensive. Most sites that deal in Glock parts sell them.