Glock /Wife.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Ranger-1, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

Looking for a nice hand gun for my wife / Home defense, (She just don't like the 12G), Thinking Glock, Anyone have a wife that has a Glock ? Sure would like some input from a woman's point of view on a Glock, Size model.....ect

Any Help

Thanks.
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

I like my Kimber Pro CDP II .45.

It has a 4" barrel, so it's not to long nor too short. It fits and feels good in my hand and I can see the nitesights as it sits on my bedside table. :)
  3. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

Is a 45 too much, She has a hard time hitting the side of a barn with my .40, I was thinking 9mm, But I guess she won't be shooting at a barn....lol
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

The Judge. She could use .410 shells or .45s.
  5. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

I wish !!!!!!!! In good old CA, Can't have a sawed off shotgun here.....lol

Wow, How can CA law makers say a revolver is a sawed off shotgun ???
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

That's just silly.
  7. navis128

navis128 New Member

Take her to the range and stand behind her, let her shoot and decide if it's too much.;)
  8. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOURS BUT MY BETTER HALF HAS TROUBLE RACKING THE SLIDE ON ANY AUTO.....I PURCHASED HER A MODEL 85 TAURUS IN 38 CALIBER.......SHE DOSNT HAVE TO RACK SLIDE......ITS EASY TO LOAD.....AND SHE CAN HANDLE IT BETTER........NOW THE REAL QUESTION IS DO YOU WANT HER OR YOU?FOR THE GLOCK.................... OLD SEMPERFI
  9. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

I thought about a revolver (NO JAMS) But she wants a semi auto (10+ rounds), And sure I would like a Glock...........lol
  10. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

With your thread title, I thought you might be looking to make a trade. :D:D:D:D:D
  11. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I know your not kidding here, but it's a REVOLVER!!!
    How in the world can that be?
    Sure, it shoots .410 shells, but still its nothing but a revolver. I dont know the laws there but what about a .22LR, or .22mag in the snake loads and all the other calibers that they come in? They shoot "shot shells"? Correct me if I'm wrong here? I'm totally :confused:!
  12. Just One Shot

Just One Shot New Member

Just do like some women do when they are looking for a man. Let her try them out until she find one that she likes.

:eek:
    :D
  13. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

You are right in every way, But our law makers are up for sale in CA 24/7, We have many dumb people here in CA that just let the Hore's in office do what they want, The smart one's are getting together now and fighting back,(They work for us ! not the other way around) Once Arnold is out of office and some other liar (x-CEO of eBay) is in the Gov seat, We are going to see a major movement on CA reform, protest and bloodshed, Well maybe not the bloodshed, We the people will strike back with only one radio show and millions of listeners (John & Ken am640 in L.A.) These guys have put a big thorn in all the elected officials big ass'es, Never in my life have to people brought light to so many people on the bad **** going on in CA & all of government, I will stop now.....lol
  14. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

Nice......lol
  15. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

My wife is deciding between the Bersa Thunder .380 and the Walther PK380, or if you want something a little bigger there is the Walther PPS in .40 or 9mm.
  16. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

I sure would like her to have a 45 for the stopping power, Just for home defense, She is afraid of the 45 bullit size, She never shot one before, She is not a little chick and our hands are about the same size, She is strong and works out with me....maybe a 44 desert eagle.....lol
  17. navis128

navis128 New Member

Why is she afraid of the bullet size? She's not in front of it.

Set up some various cal. and let her shoot. She'll pick the 45, promise;):D
  18. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

My wife did well at the police academy with a S&W .40, all steel construction makes it heavier and reduces felt recoil. She scored 98% on marksmanship, 100% on the practical course.
  19. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I have the XD Compact in .45 and the kick to it isnt bad, my wife has shot it but dosent want to carry something that heavy, if its just for home I would look at the XDs.
  20. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

My wife carries a Ruger LCP and a Taurus .38 Titanium frame hidden hammer and also an old but looks new Taurus mod 65 .357. She loves them all especially the 65 which she shoots .38's in at the range. I let her think that they are hers.;) She loves to shoot my Sig P220 .45 and my 1911's. The only gun I have that she hasnt shot is the D. Eagle .50ae. She is a pretty tough gal!