Glock /Wife.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Ranger-1, Feb 8, 2010.

1. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

Once in awhile I am able to get (my) G17 away from my wife for a few hours so I can shoot it. LOL. I had even tried to get a G19 for her, so I could have the 17 back but it was a useless effort, she says the 19 just feels too small. One of these days, I will just have to break down and get another 17. She is very comfortable and confident with it though, (and shoots very well), so I just let her keep it.
  2. big steve

big steve New Member

agreed
  3. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Ranger

Before you decide or buy try this for size.

Find a range in your area that has a rental program and take her there to try different handguns. If she has not fired a handgun at all, please let her shoot some of the 22 LR revolvers or autos or both to become comfortable with the noise and familiar with a little bit of recoil. Remember that our ladies are born with a fear of loud noise. Yes it is easily overcome but certainly not by starting with a 357 mag and full-house loads.

Anyway, it will be time well spent if you give HER the chance to find the gun that fits her best in a caliber she is comfortable with and that you all can afford to buy the ammo for. (she has to shoot it a LOT to become good enough to even think about using it for SD).

My wife has the Ruger SP101, the Glock 19 and 26 and a Ruger MK111 22LR. She prefers the G26 to all the others and even though she is small, she can handle the slides on both autos.

All of these things mentioned are food for thought but giving her the chance to handle and shoot different models will be a huge help in her finding the best one for her.

Good Luck

UF
  4. ArkSoldja

ArkSoldja New Member

I don't know if you have bought her one yet or not... However my wife does enjoy my Glock 27 Sub Compact. With the weighted mag and night sights added on she really handles it well. She was nervous shooting .40 SW but the weighted mags give the balance and smooth shooting she wanted. The only problem I have with it is the rear sights. I stripped the hole where you adjust it left and right very easily, and now have to use a sight pusher to adjust it. Other than that it's a sweetheart of a weapon. 25 yards and she shoots decent groups everytime.
  5. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

My wife loves the Taurus Judge. But the 9mm Taurus pt something or other I just bought last weekend, well, she, thought I ought to buy me one now!!!! :D
  6. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

my wife likes the glock 19 without the finger grooves. she has small hands and is relatively weak in the hands but can still manipulate the slide on a glock
  7. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

My wife has the Bersa Thunder .380 for carry and shoots the Glock 17 in 9mm very well also. For around the house she has an AR in .223.
  8. xm774u

xm774u Former Guest

my wife loves the browning hi power . i agree id go to a range that rents guns and let her
    pick one . yes i know you want a glock tactical tupperwhere lol