Glockies Gather Round for the "Marlin" Project

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pistolenschutze, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Fellow Glockies and assorted other discerning firearms types,

I just had an inspiration, a veritable ephiphany. Who is the most ardent anti-Glock TFF member? The answer is, obviously, our good buddy Marlin. Now, we all know ol' Marlin is a really great guy, and a skillful administrator, but he does have one glaring fault: He has not yet recognized the utter superiority of the Glock pistols over the anachronistic 1911. I thought we might help him along, sort of prod him in the right direction and save him from himself, so to speak. ;) Once we convert him to Glocks, it should be a slam dunk for TFF to set up a Glock Forum! Simple, eh? But how do we do that? I propose we all chip in a couple of bucks and buy Marlin a Glock! Once he has one, there is no doubt whatever that he will convert; it's axiomatic! I would suggest a G17, G36, or a G22. A G18 would probably be nicer still, but then the ATF&E people would likely arrest him for owning an illegal, fully automatic weapon, and SoMo would have to bail him out of jail. :eek: That would not be a good thing. What do you say, folks? It's our duty to rescue our comrade from the clutches of the 1911s! :p
  2. Wideboy04

Wideboy04 New Member

Wish I could help. I do like plastic, own a coulple. But I shot a friends Glock and another friends Hi Point, liked it better. :eek:
  3. flopshot

flopshot New Member

off with wideboy's head is what i say !!!! and obvious insurgent planted by the 1911 proponents running aimlessly ( good pun) around this fourm . it's obvous we are working against an intellegent and firmly planted opponent shutze. the slightest mention of a Glock fourm brings out from under the rocks the counter intellegence aces of the dark side. "what" say i is the proposed cost of enlghtenment of those living in ignorance of the future and all it has to offer.
    ask not what a Glock could do for you, but what you could do with a GLock !!!
  4. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Actually it should be a Glock 37. It is in the 45gap. Think about it, updated pistol with a updated cartridge. Even Gunny R.Lee Ermey uses one. That proves that you can even drag old Marines into the future. ;) :p :D :D
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Uhhhhh, Schutze, I hate to tell you, but Marlin is not the most ardent anti-Glock TFF member. That honor HAS to go to inplanotx. ;) :D
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I don't even come up to the tops of IPT's soles on his shoes in that Department!!!!!!!!

:eek: :rolleyes:
  7. Well, maybe we should buy Inplano a nice Glock too! Let's see . . . perhaps a G30, or mayby a G19? When we deliver it though, we should have the paramedics handy with some smelling salts and nitroglycerine. :D ;) :p
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

9. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

PS,
    I'd make sure your "deliveryman" is in full bullet-proof gear, and maybe a tinfoil beanie too, when he shows up at 'Plano's door!
    I get the feeling the old saw of "Don't shoot the messenger" will be out the window! The hail of .45 slugs coming from (at least!) a pair of ol-slabsided 1911's will look like a wall of lead, I imagine.
    I pity the poor SOB with THAT task..... :eek:
    The Daddy
  10. Yup, I suspect you are quite right, daddy. Maybe if the messenger hid the Glock in an empty 1911 case, handed it to Inplano, then ran like hell, he might survive long enough to get out of range. Maybe not though. :D
  11. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Now THAT might just work....
    The old "Candygram for Mongo" bit ...hand him the box, and hightail it far away.
    BUT, I can envision 5 minutes later...I'm trying to remember how far the ash cloud extended when Mt. St. Helens erupted when I was a kid... I'm thinking when Plano blows his stack after catching sight of that "plastc fantastic" ....that ole volcano up in Washington is going to pale in comparison!

NOW ON THE OTHER HAND....
    Maybe he'd shoot it!!!!???? :eek:
    Better make it a G21 in .45 of course!
  12. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Does that mean I'm suspected of liking Grocks
  13. Right, 22. Perhaps we could say you're a <ahem> "closet Glockie?" :D
  14. sarzak

sarzak New Member

ive noticed an anti plastic pistol bias on this forum by what i suspect are the old timers. i think they must've done a lot of pistol whippin' back in the old days!
  15. Jeeps

Jeeps New Member

Smoley Hokes, I thought this was a Glock Forum. How was I to know :eek:

Should I sell em or hide em? I've never owned a 1911 A anything! I never had a need after my first G***k purchase back early 80's ;) Am I missing something here? :confused: :D

+1 for the Glockies :eek: And this is such a nice place too ;)