Glocknut done did it again....

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by glocknut, Jun 8, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

To make a long story short.... i have had a couple of rifles at the gunshop that they are trying to sell for me on consignment. I decided a while back to dump the ordinary run of them mill Colt AR, one of the DPMS rifles and one other. Well they got the Colt sold so i went in and payed a minor ammount of difference to get that Colt Series 80 Commander model i was looking at a while back. Yup...another 1911 :D:D:D:D

Its a Commander model... its NOT the lightweight version and is about 8oz heavier than my lightweight commander.... that extra weight i think will be nice to have. Its brushed stainless on the slide and brushed stanless on the lower which is different than my LWC...

The darn thing is so shiney it is hard to get a good picture of it... the light coming off it is like trying to take a pic of a mirror. I had to fiddle with it to get the right angle for pics....

mike
    gn

Attached Files:

2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes, yes...i know...i NEED A BETTER CAMERA..... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

SWEET....... but my socks are still safe until you get another Sig, I've got my eyes on a 220 SS Elite for my next baby.
  4. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Not too shaby, glocknut.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

They had one of those new mini 380 sigs in today. I racked the slide with the mag out and the slide was "sticky". What i mean by that is that you could literally let go of the slide and it would not return to a full forward position without helping it a bit. Sig put a really light recoil spring on that gun and i think it gonna bit them on reliability.

I love sigs.... the P220 and other full and mid sized sig pistols but this new mini sig doesn't seem quite ready for release to me....

mike
    gn
  6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Nice pistol there GN. I'm beginning to get real jealous of you!
  7. woolleyworm

I haven't got my hands on the new P238 yet. It won't be long though, there's always plenty of gun shows in the central TX area. I'll be sure to check out the slide/spring problem that you noted.

congrats again, a fine looking Colt.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well...it was kind of a sideways trade. Sold a rifle to get it...which is a good trade.

mike
    gn
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

It may just be a break-in issue but that light spring has to be an issue. I suspect they made it light so women with smaller and weaker hands can rack the slide? I think its going to bit them in the end.... I'll bet you anything that most people will be putting heavier wolf springs on those things to make them work right.

Thanks for the compliment on the Colt.

mike
    gn
  10. woolleyworm

I've been looking for a Colt Mustang for quite awhile, they've jumped up so much in price in the last year though. Waiting to see if they come down ( holds hands, praying), I really screwed up when i had a chance at a Mk4-80 for $550...... I had some "relationship issues" at the end of last year, so I had to pass it up. Lord how I wish I could go back in time for that deal.
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Relationship issues.... uggg... you KNOW i have none of that junk. There is NO WAY i could get away with buying this many guns if i had a NAG riding my tail every time i turn arround. :rolleyes:

You ever see that breakfast cereal tv commercial where the guy says i eat what i want and his wife is behind him with that ugly horrible look on her face? Every time i see that i think to myself how right i am in not having a woman arround trying to control every aspect of my life....

mike
    gn
  12. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ya know, that is a really nice looking peice. Looks comfortable
  13. doug66

doug66 New Member

Very nice GN. I like the sights and the blue box you got with your new 1911. You don't need a better camera, them pretty Colts are much more fun to own.

How does trigger feel on it?
  14. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Time for a name change Mike. Looks to me like you've converted from the plastic pistols to good ones. :D:D:cool:

It's also been awhile since you've posted a "family" photo.
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The trigger is just a hair stiffer than the one on the Colt lightweight Commander.... It "might" have to be worked on a little bit.
    Ever since i first started thinking about buying this particular pistol i have thought it would make a good candidate to be sent off to Wilsons Combat. I don't know if they would accept it though. I heard somewhere that they do not accept everything...only certain models... most of the wilsons that i have seen have been Springfield Armorys that have been upgraded....

I still believe in the Glock. That will never change. I have a factory comped Glock G19c. It feels like i am shooting a 22lr pistol...hardly any recoil. If i could own only one...that would be it.

The "family" is in the process of change. I have 2 rifles at the gunshop up for sale so i can buy a high dollar AR15 type rifle. So a "family" picture would be incomplete. I might snap off a couple of pics of the organized safe...but the lighting is not what it should be in there for pics....
    Plus its a bugger to undo all the rifle rods holding everything in place. I'll see what i can do....

mikegn