Glocknut done did it again....

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by glocknut, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

wow looks very nice mike i heard you talking about it in another thread and thinking about buying. Nice to finally see it HA!!!!!

Now your going to have to change your name to 1911nut!!!
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Nice looking Commander you have there. I have one and I love it. It is my daily carry weapon. You will be well pleased with it.

You should go to Novaks site and see the work they do on 1911 pistols. Very nice lookers. Novaks is only about 30 miles from me. I should stop by sometime and see if I can check them out.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Very nice. I actually looked at a Rock Island 1911 today. I thought long and hard to see if I could swing the down payment for a layaway. Being on unemployment really sucks:(:(:( I'd like to get one just in case NC ever passes one of those stupid "No hollowpoints allowed" laws like some other states have. But then, if I ever get a 1911, I'd have to get a leather bomber jacket to go with it so I can run around the house pretending to be Hawk from GI Joe :eek: :p

Hmmm...I see a new gun safe in the future for Glocknut:D:p
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Novaks? I thought those were just custom sights? I'll look it up...

I hope not. I was looking over the collection a while ago thinking to myself how stupid it was to have soooo many rifles. I bought alot of them without doing the research on them first. I would love to sell off some of them so i can get into the higher end AR style gas piston rifles. There are brands out there LWRC and POF are a couple that have higher end products "theoreticly" anyways. And then there's allway the new HK rifles set to come out soon... but they are probably way to pricey.

Time will tell. But numerical increases are probably not going to be the case. From here i will probably do a bit of trading and such.
    The safe is modular and i like that. Easy to disassemble and move if i move.

mike
    gn
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

very nice mike... the problem is... you have more than me... and ur a glocknut
  6. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

glocknut,

Very nice sideways trade you made there. Is it stainless, nickel or hard chrome?? The last time I checked, Wilson will take Colts without any probllems. Of course what you traded for and depending on what you are going to have done to it, you might have come out cheaper buying what you want directly from Wilson. I decided to do just that 3 years ago when I got my stainless Professional and have never regretted the decision. Here is my CCW.
    [​IMG]

I carry it IWB in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2
    [​IMG]
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

It looks like brushed stainless to me... Yup, i just checked the box...it is.

That's what i was thinking... i would love to have one of their "built from the ground up" guns. Alot of the wilsons i have seen have been mods made to Springfield Armory 1911s. Nothing wrong with springfields i just never liked how lightweight they were/are.

I forget the name of the company but they make something called the 1911 chambered for the .50 G.I. ??

I just looked it up.... Guncrafter Industries... .50 caliber 300 grain bullet at 700 fps !!!!! :D:D:D:D
    UnGodly expensive ammo not to mention the $3k pricetag on the gun itself.

mike
    gn

Attached Files:

8. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

I have been looking at those for years. If I ever wanted anything bigger than the 45, I would definately have a Guncrafter in my safe. Since I am a handloader, my biggest deal would be to find a set of reloading dies for it. I would also have to search for the cases as I am sure they are not just laying on the shelves at Bass Pro Shops.
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I've seen reloading stuff for them somewhere. May have been Midway but i'm not 100% sure if it was them or not.

For the money i honestly think the S&W 460 and 500 magnums are more fun for the money. Reloading stuff is available... much more available than most other calibers. 357 and 44 mag stuff is hard time come by these days even though they have a big following. BUT...the 460 stuff i have been looking at sure is expensive! I cannot find 357 brass anywhere! :mad:

mike
    gn