1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

GLOCKS: Have I Seen The Light!!!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Wideboy04, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Wideboy04

Wideboy04 New Member

OK, I've looked around here enough to know that starting a GLOCK thread here is like starting an oil thread on a Harley site. Soooo suck it up :D . I started out looking for a Taurus 605, didn't like the grip, everything else very nice specially runnin 38's through it. Bersa Thunder 380 shoots fine but looks to cluttered for me, not appealing. Can't help it looks do matter :eek: . Shot some others, not for carry that was around just for fun. The Springfield 45 was a blast :eek: . Then, I tried this butt ugly toy gun. This sumbeech was sweet. Glock 23, 4 of the six shots made two holes. My mouth was not the only one hangin open :eek: . That ugly sucker shined like a nickle plated $50 pocket pistol. My first, y'all remember your first don't ya ;) . Went to the local shop to order a Taurus PT 111 SS the one I was drooling over for some time, the standard not the Pro. Liked the way it felt but didn't get to shoot it. Discontinued. Dang. Then I looked down and there it was, Glock 26 with extended mag. That ugly sumbeech bout blinded me. That is the one. Beauty is! in the eye of the beholder. If those of you with experience can't talk me outta this, I think I seen the light :) . Don't know much about the market but 475 don't seem bad. O-K, need some input so..... GIT ER Done
  2. azsigman

azsigman New Member

3. azsigman

azsigman New Member

Not real fond of Glocks...I like Sigs or Kimber. However, I do not know enough about Glocks to scold you. GIT-er-done...it ain't MY money you're spendin'..... Good Luck
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

I got news, if I need maximum fire power..........it`s Glock 17 with a plus two magazine in 9mm. 19 shots---I`m in!

I may like the 1911.....but that said!!!

More is better when you need it.

LTS
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

When all else fails, spray and pray! ;) :D :D :D :D
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Oh boy, a GLOCK thread.

1. Tupperware guns. GOOD. I own and REALLY like H&K, the FIRST Tupperware gun.

2. Because they are Tupperware, they are light weight. Another GOOD.

3. Reliability, haven’t heard anything against them in this department.

4. Kabooms, ONLY with hand loads, or the wrong ammo.

BUT…You knew there had to be a...but. ;)

(FOR ME!!!)
    1. They do NOT have a natural point of aim. :(
    If it don’t aim naturally, I don’t want it.
    If you don’t know what I mean, ask.

2. When I had it, I shot 2-3 mags out of my Glock, that darn “safety” thingy in the trigger, was already making my trigger finger sore. I suppose a man could get used to it, but I am NOT the type to have to “get used to it” :mad:
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

"I have seen the light!"

The light at the end of the tunnel is usually the headlight on an oncoming train........ :)

However.......in you like Glocks, have fun!!! :D
  8. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Whatever floats yer boat, me, I'll keep my steel 1911's :D
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  9. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I always say go with what feels good to you. If it hits the target, great. However, over the last year, my local gunshop started carrying those springfield XD models. Since then the only two glocks they sold were to an ilinformed and uneducated thug wanna-be, the other to an old glock fan. Springfield has outglocked the glock!!! Personally, I hate Glocks and LOVE that springfield. Take a look at one before you spend the ching on plastic.

Maybe glocks just ain't made for my shooting style or hand size. Again, if the glock shoots that well for you, get one. I just cant see spending money on one when there are so many better alternatives

Just my $.02

--Beagle
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

WideBoy04,just thought i would let you know i iam a GLOCK fan. I carry a GLOCK 19 allmost dialy soon to be a GLoCK32 in 357 SIG. They sure are not pretty, but mine has been 100% RELIABLE even after about 1000 rounds.I trust my life to a Glock.Just to let you know i also own a 1911-A1 45 acp. pistol,but Block sorry i mean GLOCK rocks .LOCK and LOAD
  11. Bill

Bill New Member

Glocks are great, 1911's are great. Ya gotta get what works for you. The FBI likes the 40 cal Glock for its agents. Its very reliable, has lots of capacity, fairly easy to train agents on, and is lightweight. However the FBI SWAT teams are all issued specially customized Springfield 1911's and they go thru an extensive qualification course to master it. The highly tuned gun takes more attention, special lubricants etc, and has less magazine capacity. But it's their choice for SWAT teams. The FBI certainly isn't the final authority on such matters but I find it interesting to know what they've chosen.
    Bill
  12. West

West New Member

Regardless of what anyone says the Glock handgun is the best sidearm on the market today. I’m thinking about getting a .45, I like you cant get past its ugly looks, but in the end I think a Glock would look pretty beside my AR.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  13. Wideboy04

Wideboy04 New Member

Xracer, ya miss quoted, its "Have I seen the Light", kinda a question to myself. Woulda never givem a second look had I not shot one. Still got my eye out for the Taurus PT 111. Pro's are easy to find but the PT 111 is a little harder. Had my hand on one at the gun show last weekend and shoulda
    bought it but I thought my local dealer could get one. I'm already a Taurus fan guess thats why I'm more into the PT 111 even though I've never shot it. There's a Bill Goodman Show in Dayton this weekend think I'll try my luck there. Besides I'll probably save a couple hundred over the Glock. Kinda new here and like what I've seen so far, good info, a little controversy is always good, and we all share a common ground.

Thanks, Jim
  14. the_end

the_end New Member

Rock out with your Glock out. I always hated Glocks for their hype and uglyness. Then I shot one and it ended up being the first handgun I purchased :D A big ol' Glock 22 is my first and favorite handgun and rides on my side daily. 15 rounds of .40 plus an an extra mag should be plenty of fire power when needed. Especially if I can shoot groups like no other firearm I own. I think it's a freak, they all can't be this accurate! Anyways, 2000 rounds later and not a single jam!!! I've never seen a 1911 in the Glocks price range that can claim that. Like someone else said, if it feels good and you can hit stuff with it, you can't go wrong with the Glock.
  15. punchie

punchie Member

Everyone should own a token Glock. Got one myself. Does everything it is supposed to do, when it is supposed to do it. But isn't that the purpose of ANY gun?