Glocks Love'm or Hate'em

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jan 17, 2006.

?

Glocks Yea or Nay

Poll closed Jan 24, 2006.
  1. I don't have Glock and don't plan to buy one

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. I don't have a Glock but I might buy one

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. I don't Have a Glock but I am going to buy one

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. I have and love Glock(s)

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

The lively thread on Glocks says we need a poll on Glocks.
    I don't own a glock not do I plan to ever buy one but they are a love'em or hate'm pistol.
    Lets see what the majority thinks.
    I see very few at the club range with the members I shoot with :eek: :eek:
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  2. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

I never have liked Glocks. I have shot them. They seem fine. I think they're ugly for one. Other than that I can't really say why I don't like them. I think part of it is the fact that if you say you don't like Glocks to a Glockie it seems they'll chase you around til they die trying to convince you Glock's are great.
    I'm sure alot of people on here will have pleanty of reasons that Glocks are the best. But I don't ever see myself owning one.
    Unless one of you Glockies wants to give me one. Of course I would probably just trade it for a 1911. ;)
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I like guns...
  4. Glockgod

Glockgod New Member

Glocks just seem to work for me,but I won't try to convert a nonbeliever. After all if everyone liked the same gun these forums would get boring REAL quick! :D
  5. flopshot

flopshot New Member

have two 17's. just a natural shooter for me. can't hit crap with a 1911 or the smith 645 i had. i pick up the glock, point and shoot. what more could i ask for ?
    ugly, who cares. beauty is in the eye of the recipiant.
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

You left out an option on your poll.
    “You have owned one or more Glocks, you no longer do, and have no intention of buying another one.”

I don’t see a problem with them IF they fit you. They just don’t happen to fit me. (For ME) they do NOT have a natural point of aim, I have to adjust them, with every shot, to get them to hit on target. If I can’t just point and shoot, I don’t want it.

Then there is the “thingy” in the trigger. When shooting my 30, my finger started getting sore from this safety. Sure you could get used to it, but I DON’T WANT TO get used to it.

Some people put them down because they are “plastic” guns. Consider, H&K was the first firearms maker to manufacture “plastic” guns. You don’t hear “too many” people bashing USP’s etc.

If it reliably goes “BOOM” and hits what you are aiming at, who cares what it is, as long as YOU like it?
  7. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I second KyBs post... :cool:
  8. There you go again, Polish, deprecating the Glorious Glock, the flower of Teutonic technology. :rolleyes: :D :p

Glocks are good,
    Glocks are fine,
    Now I want one,
    In caliber nine. :D
  9. offeror

offeror New Member

Of course they're ugly. But I like no-nonsense, quality tools that work, and Glocks are that. Some folks don't prefer them, but I think some others just like reacting to anything that is too popular.

Either way, they are still good guns and far more second nature to me now than anything else. So that's what I carry. When I reach, I know what's going to happen and fast.
  10. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

To each his / her own I am a true fan of the 1911 or a good wheel gun!
    blued steel and walnut make for pretty firearms and I like pretty things, that is why I married my wife :D
    Ron
  11. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Had one, took it to the range with 50 rounds. Drove home and sold it back to the gun shop for another 1911.
  12. AGB

AGB New Member

Never owned one, shoot some of them. See them ugly. Don't like to use them, do not plan to have one. The same holds true to all plastic guns and some modern looking Sig, just i.e.. But when it comes to 1911, 39, 52, some wheel guns and other related stuff, I say I can never had enough of them.
  13. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

I have 2 sheriff uncles who use them, I don't like them at all and have no interest in buying one.

I don't like the feel, looks, and couldn't hit with either of them. one is a .40 and the other is a 10mm
  14. MRMIKE08075

MRMIKE08075 Member

1. there ugly

2. there plastic

3. i do not need to be able to fire a pistol underwater

4. have you seen the factory engraved GLOCK... much laughter was heard

5. with a 1911A1 platform / clone there are more accsesories than you can imagine. if you can dream up a modification it already exists. i can put at least a dozen different finishes on a 1911, but not on a plastic toy...more aftermarket support available than on all other handguns combined...

6. you cannot build your own customized GLOCK from scratch...

i have carried a GLOCK 19 on the job...
    not a big fan...

well made, well designed, durable pistol, but i dislike them.

best regards, mike.
  15. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I second Offeror's post.I allso agree if we a liked the same kinds of guns this could be boring place,Different stokes for different folks, I bet you have not heard that one in a long time.