Glocks Rule !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by glocknut, Jun 25, 2004.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

heheheheee

There, I've stirred up the hornets nest.......

Let the sh*t fly !!!!! :D :D :p :p

mike
    gn
  2. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

You've seen one ambidextrous trigger, you've seen em all.

;) ;) :D :D :D
  3. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 characters...... :D

Attached Files:

4. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

5. punchie

punchie Member

Everybody ought to have a TOKEN Glock. I do.
  6. Bullseye

Bullseye New Member

Glocks Rule !!!!!!!!

Rule what???? :p :D Have fired 2 Glocks in my lifetime (one in 9mm and a 40 S&W) and did not find either to be appealing in any way , shape or form? I guess the saying - "To each their own" applies here. But a fellow shooter is a fellow shooter regardless of what they shoot. :)
  7. Remington597

Bullseye:
    Very well said, thats why own both a 1911 and a Glock. I can appreciate both and realize the differences in both tactical and civilian applications. Those who polarize the issue provide a source of entertainment for me.
  8. Raven18940

Raven18940 New Member

Glocks never did it for me. They're great little guns, but I'll never own one. The safe action trigger just feels too weird for me, that's my main beef. The slope of the handle is odd to me, but hardly grounds to say it's awful. Personally I've always been a fan of autos with exposed hammers, another way the glock doesn't satisfy me. But for concealed carry they are hard to beat. Compact, reliable, and accurate enough. If it weren't for the trigger I'd be sold. I'm more of a fan of the Beretta 92F myself.
  9. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

I've had Glocks, and worked on Glocks, but have never really been able to shoot a Glock all that well. Grip angle is just not right for me, and the gun seems boxy sitting on top of my firing hand.

I guess 30 years of shooting 1911's makes a difference.

:cool:
  10. njretcop

njretcop New Member

I wouldn't give up my little Glock 27 (converted to 357 sig) for any other gun currently manufactured. :cool:
  11. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Next Tupperware party my wife goes to, I'll have her see about picking having her pick one up.
  12. Remington597

The thing thats really funny is that you guys who bash high strength plastic polymers and composites , put your life on the line every time you get on an aircraft. Most of the avionics are wired and connected with high strength plastic polymers and cased in the same materials. The Harrier AV8B wing is all composite and can hold 5,000 lbs or ordinance. Its really hysterical when you think about it. You'll trust your life to a pilot you've never met and you will trust your national budget to $11,000,000 for a Harrier to defend our nation, but you won't trust your life to one of the best handguns in history, built by a nation who has been making firearms since its inception after the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Its really hysterical when you put things in perspective. Just an observation from someone who looks at life from a broader perspective. , Oh by the way, what about all the cops wearing Glocks? they can't be all stupid, can they?
    Forgive the sarcasm, I am just a poor and humble observer of life ,who's been shooting for 25 years. :D
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  13. Raven18940

Raven18940 New Member

I can see you're trying to start something, cause I don't think anyone has dissed the glock for the reasons you're stating, well not on this thread anyway. On the topic of composite handguns, there's a certain feel to a steel gun in your hand, I believe the word is weight. I don't carry a gun so having a light weight side arm isn't an issue, but I like the feel of a heavy 1911 in my hand. Plus it helps with the recoil. And where did this idea of not trusting a Glock come from. If I had to shoot someone and my choices were a glock or a stone I'd choose the Glock. I'd trust a glock with my life, but it wouldn't be my first choice. If it was a choice between a Beretta 92F and a Glock 9mm then I'd go with the Beretta. I do give glock credit for being one of the only manufacturers to stick by 10mm. You really can't beat a Glock 10mm for concealed carry, 45 eat your heart out.
  14. Remington597

Really not rying to start anything, but am looking at the debate from a logical and practical standpoint. 100,000 cops in the US and Europe carry Glocks. They have been tested and re-tested countless times., but it seems like only the anamolies get the press.
    As far as feeling the metal in your hand, I agree. I happen to like how both feel in my hand. I like the traditional feeling of metal , but I also like the ergonomic balance that a Glock provides and I happen to own both., but calling it tupperwear is funny. :D , , I've shoot Glocks hundreds of times at the range and don't understand why people trash them other than the fact that they are too traditionally set in their ways with the 1911.
    When people start to fully comprehend the tactical and civilian/military applications that separate the two gun types, I think they will end up owning both like I do. Its only a matter of time.
  15. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

And now for another Glock pic! :D

Attached Files: