1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 1:44:31 pm)
    Reply GOING DEAF
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate going to the movies and being BLASTED by the sound of hot rod music and not being able to hear dialogue without a hearing aid.

I suppose they are appealing to the younger crowd, who are totally tone deaf. I stopped going to the theater and started renting movies and found them to be the same way. At least I can control the sound with the remote at home

Smoky the peeved

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 2:13:35 pm)
    Reply Re: GOING DEAF
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also hate those "whispering" movies, where all the actors speak in subdued tones. I assume it's supposed to set the mood for low-key scenes, but I can't understand a damn thing they're saying.

Whatever happened to the old actors that knew how to speak on stage?

I think the reason the movies nowadays blast the "hot rod" music is so you will want to go out and buy the soundtrack when the movie is over.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/22/03 3:18:59 pm)
    What really gets me is the loud volume of the commercials and then when you get back to the program and you can hardly hear it.
    cointoss2

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 4:38:48 pm)
    They intentionally make the commercials louder so you can hear it from the other room. They automatically assume people get up and leave to take a leak during commercials, and they want to make DAMN sure you hear about the products they're trying to ram down your throat.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

MTaylor
    (1/22/03 9:27:41 pm)
    See, this is where being deaf is actually an asset! I can turn my hearing aids down, or even off, to eliminate the loud crap and turn the up as I need to hear.

Anyone use the ESP hearing protectors while shooting?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/22/03 11:48:06 pm)
    Re: GOING DEAF
    You can buy tv's that automaticaly keep the volume level the same when a commercial comes on.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/23/03 1:04:02 am)
    Another thing that grinds my rear end raw are all the hunting shows shown nowdays, ESPN, Outdoor Channel, Outdoor Life Channel, etc., where you know darned well that the scene is staged, yet everyone has to whisper and all you can hear are the "ssss"s" at the end of their words. The folks that produce these shows, as well as the indivuduals actually on the hunt should be made to sit in a room listening to this stuff for a couple of days.

I'm sure there would be an immediate change in audio quality.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 11:08:39 am)
    Smokey U aint foolin me 1 bit cause i bet U shoot a 44 mag witout muffs.............BBAMMMM!

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 11:29:50 am)
    IB: The 44mag don't bother me all that much;it's that darn .17 rim fire that did me in. A sound so loud that they had to outlaw it at the local range. Hell the recoil near broke my shoulder and they threw me off the range.

Smoky the prevaricator

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/24/03 12:32:12 pm)
    Speaks up, I cayn't hears ya!

TFF VMBB Email Tac

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 12:07:08 am)
    My son manages a theatre and I can see all the movies for free, I hate the LOUD sound level too. I have learned to always take a set of ear plugs with me to the movies.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 8:22:08 am)
    Smokes I no U B rite. That dam 17 is TOO MUSH speshly at 1000 yds. U cud ast taha dude from crookevile tex

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 9:19:32 am)
    IB: The reason they outlawed dem powerful beasts at our range is they was a'going right through the back stop and tearing up the mountain that only was 3miles away.

I think they should be OUTLAWED in da hole country and most o da world.

Smoky the protector

rhinoman
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 12:22:09 pm)
    Hey Warpig my TV has that technology but it only helps out some, the commercials are STILL louder!
    The fight for freedom is not fought overseas in distant lands with guns, missles and bombs. It is fought here with words, pen and paper and I fear, we are loosing it.