Going from BAD to WORSE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Here is a read that all should see. No wonder we are all so disappointed and upset that we have been and are being sold out...... This commentary is from today's WorldNetDaily.

[FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,][SIZE=+2]Presidente Bush[/FONT]
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][SIZE=-1]
    March 19, 2007
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]By Joseph Farah
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,][SIZE=-1]© 2007

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Does Bush think he is president of Mexico?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Is Bush the president of Mexico?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Apparently he believes he is.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Last week he made his case to the Mexican people for what he euphemistically calls "comprehensive immigration reform" in the U.S. He pledged to do more for the Mexican people.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Huh?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Is that what Americans elected Bush to do? More for the Mexican people? What about his own country? What about his own people?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]And does Bush believe emptying out more than 10 percent of the Mexican population into the U.S. is somehow a service to the country and people of Mexico?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,] Because that's what his open-border policies have helped to accomplish so far. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Here is what Bush said, word for word, last week in his meeting with the president of Mexico, Felipe Calderón:[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]"Señor Presidente, thank you very much for your gracious hospitality. I think you picked a perfect place to invite Laura and me and our delegation. It's a beautiful land. It is a spectacular day. And our meetings were constructive. Thank you, first lady, for your hospitality, as well.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]"Relations between Mexico and the United States are muy importante. We've got a great history. We've got a strong tradition of working together. And my job, Mr. President, is to do all I can to work with you to advance progress on both sides of the border.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]"There are issues, of course, issues that we discussed today and will continue to discuss in a manner of respect and dignity. Perhaps the biggest issue concerning your country is the issue of migration. America is a country of law, we'll respect law, but America is also a hospitable country, a country that recognizes the value of each human being. And as the president of your grand country, I know you're deeply concerned about how your citizens are treated within our country. And my pledge to you and the people of Mexico is they'll be treated with respect and dignity.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]"The best way to do that is to pass a migration law that upholds the values of America, and at the same time, allows us to respect the rule of law. As I told you in private, as you expressed your deep concerns about whether or not America can pass such a law, that I will use all the efforts I can, working with both Republicans and Democrats, to pass such a piece of legislation.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]"We spent a lot of time talking about Mexico's important role in the world, and I thank you for your leadership, Mr. President. You're president of a great country. You will use your influence to foster social justice and prosperity and peace. I look forward to your leadership on such issues -- I look forward to helping you as best I can, as best as you request to do so.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]"And I, too, would like to offer a toast. I'd like to offer a toast to the great people of a great country, nuestro amigo, México, and to your salud, Mr. President. "[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]Now, not to be a grammatical nitpicker, but I'd like to bring your attention to the exact words Bush used in paragraph 3: "And as the president of your grand country, I know you're deeply concerned about how your citizens are treated within our country."[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,]What Bush is literally saying here, though I acknowledge it is probably a result of his tendency to scramble syntax, is that he, George W. Bush, is president of Mexico.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,] That's what it means. And while this is in all likelihood a slip of the tongue, I think it is worth pointing out in light of Bush's tendency to act more like the president of Mexico than the president of the U.S. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times new roman, georgia, times][FONT=Palatino,][FONT=palatino,]Joseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate.
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I guess I just don't understand people, how can they sell their own country down the drain. I'd like to say more but can't, like coming here.
  3. Craig

Craig New Member

Nighthawk:

I think you could say it, because most of us are thinking the same thing.

We have been sold down the "Mexican" river.
  4. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Just a thought here. Why in the he** didn't President Bush ask why the Southern border of Mexico is patrolled by armed guards that shoot to kill.If open borders are so great then for crying out loud, lets just invite Iran and maybe even Venezuela into out back yard.I voted for President Bush both times and given the other choice I believe I made the right choice. That said I wish I could vote for someone who I Want to vote for,Not just because he/she is the lesser of two bad choices!America is still the best country in the world. catfish
  5. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

Sometimes i wish i owned alot of land on the southern border of america... i'd put up a forty foot wall, electrify it, fortify it (with 9 vitamins and minerals =P ), and have armed guards patrol it....

Nothing against Hispanics, but there are legal ways to get into this country, if my ancestors and countrymen had to do it, if your ancestors had to do it, YOU HAVE TO DO IT! I'm all for productive members of society coming in and contributing to our great country. But anyone that's just a drain on our social resources that isn't a citizen should NOT be here!
  6. Extremely well put, Cat! What scares hell out of me is that the race shaping up for 2008 is likely to leave me with no one I can truly support, Republican or Democrat. That is a sad commentary indeed.
  7. clmanges

clmanges New Member

Might be that Bush is just sucking up to the Mexicans because they have oil . . . old habits are hard to break, you know . . .
  8. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I read that Ron Paul is thinking about running for President. If he were to run and win I am sure he would do whatever it would take to close the border.
  9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Well then, Let's encourage Ron Paul to make the right decision.

Personaly, I'm rootin' for Fred Thompson.
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I'm with you, berto. I like, and always have liked, Fred Thompson.
  11. Yup, and Ann Coulter for VP! :D