Going to be a ruff start...

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jstgsn, Aug 28, 2012.

1. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Well, Saturday is the first day of resident goose and dove season in Delaware, and it's going to be a full moon and 90 degrees. I figure the geese will be feeding all night and sittin on the water, and the doves are elsewhere. Bow season starts too, but they also have been mostly nocturnal. Plus the flies and skitters would fight you for the body. May have to go crabing for a couple weekends till it cools down.
    Did I mention the mosquitoes? Recent wet weather has them fired up and ready. I swatted one and it looked at me for a minute and then flew off. For a minute I was scared, cause he had an angry look in his eyes. Not sure my 9mm was enough to keep him away, and I think he had friends in the area. :eek: Not that worried about the skitters as the chiggers would most likely claim the body before it left the woods.
    better days are coming.....:)
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

mosquitos chewed me alive last weekend on my first bear hunt trip this season; only on the ridglelines though thankfully, not my campsite!

Looking forward to grouse season and other small game opening in a couple days, going out with the shotgun for grouse primarily but will have slugs ready for any unlucky bear.

Good luck to ya!
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I wish i was going with y'all. It's been too long for me and im starting to rust.So if you think about it take some pics.And our skeeters have that west nile virus so you have to put on this stinky crap a buck can smell for miles
  4. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

Not a fan of the skeeters in the early part of the season, but what you gonna do?

Small game opens in Ohio on Saturday and they are calling for rain all weekend, not a downpour, but pop ups. I'll be out Saturday morning chasing tree rats and dodging the rain; hopefully.