Going to Beech Mountain NC in late February

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Taking the family for a little of the white stuff. Hopefully some snow skiing, ice skating, sledding, and skinny dipping. Trying to squeeze in some of the traditional winter activities before global warming turns everything into a desert wasteland.

If any of you fellow gun nuts are going to be in the Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Sugar Mountain, or Beech Mountain NC area from Feb 24-Mar 3, please let me know.

Also, we're cruising through the South Carolina low country and may do a little quail or vermin hunting coming or going. Found a real cheap hunt club that offers great deer hunts for damn near nothing, and that's where were going (www.hollispondhuntclub.com).
  2. We shall expect venison steaks for all members upon your return, Pat. :D
  3. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Sorry Pistol, they're out of season unless you don't mind running afoul of the Game Warden!

I figured we'd just Quail hunt, or shoot some vermin (Coyotes are pretty bad in that neck of the woods). But Hollis Pond offer super cheap hunts, rustic accomodations, and above average food. Where else can you get a 3 day 2 night deer hunt (and the deer are big) with food and lodging, and your deer field dressed and quartered, for less than $700.00? My son cost a fraction of that.

Just can't beat it.
  4. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

ah man! i'm in the middle of SC...

i hope ya'll enjoy your trip!:)
  5. flopshot

flopshot New Member

many moons ago i busted my butt at Beach and had to drive home in a snow storm on pain killers. think i'll sit this one out. enjoy the slopes.:D
  6. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

I had a hauntingly similar experience about ten years ago at Beech Mountain. Tore my rotator cuff and was jacked up on so many barbituates and pain killers that I lost about three days worth of memories. Actually had a very deep conversation with John Lennon too. I was looped.