1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

going to throw up now...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jstgsn, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Following is a partial transcript from the 60 MINUTES interview:

STEVE KROFT: Do you think that you might have the unemployment rate down to 8 percent by the time the election rolls around?

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: I think it's possible. But…I'm not in the job of prognosticating on the economy. I'm in the job of putting in place the tools that allow the economy to thrive and Americans to succeed. Sometimes when I'm talking to my team, I- describe us…as…I'm the captain and they're the crew on a ship, going through really bad storms. And no matter how well we're steering the ship, if the boat's rocking back and forth and people are getting sick and…they're being buffeted by the winds and the rain and…at a certain point-- if you're asking, "Are you enjoying the ride right now?" Folks are going to say, "No." And are they going to say, "Do you think the captain's good—doing a good job?" People are going say, "You know what? A good captain would have had us in some smooth waters and sunny skies, at this point." And I don't control the weather. What I can control are the policies we're putting in place to make a difference in people's lives.

STEVE KROFT: Did you overpromise? Did you underestimate how difficult this was going to be?

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: I didn't overpromise. And I didn’t-- underestimate how tough this was going to be. I always believed that this was a long-term project…And-- you know, for individual Americans, who are struggling right now, they have every reason to be impatient. Reversing structural problems in our economy that have been building up for two decades, that was going to take time. It was going to take more than a year. It was going to take more than two years. It was going to take more than one term. Probably takes more than one president.

Developing...

YES DEVELOPING...I'M DEVELOPING AN ULCER. YES IT IS A LONG TERM PROJECT TO TURN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA INTO A COMMUNIST GARBAGE PIT, BUT HE'S WORKING AT IT REALLY HARD!!! YES WE BECAME A SUPER POWER BECAUSE OF OUR CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS, BUT YOU DON'T LIKE THAT SO YOU ARE TRYING TO DESTROY IT AND REWRITE HISTORY. GOTTA THROW UP NOW....
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

My favorite part
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

or, maybe... one president, re"elected" over and over and over again, no matter how few people vote for him!
  4. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

What he should have said "I never realized it would take this long to destroy America. I thought everyone was as stupid as those idiots that voted for me"

I know you shouldn't hate, but it is really hard not to.:mad:
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    "I'm in the job of putting in place the tools that allow the economy to thrive and Americans to succeed". What he is really saying is that he wants to creat jobs at the federal level. More jobs for Americans! Paid for by those Americans that pay taxes! Thus giving the federal government more control over every job in America!
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, I searched and couldn't find the exact quote, but, I've heard it several times today. To sum it up, one of the players in drawing up the new EURO treaties said, one of the main factors involved in the EURO's downfall was the failure to recognize the power shift leaving the West, and moving to the emerging nations.

Like it or not, that shift is happening quickly, and our policy toward the middle east over the last few years is directly responsible for that " power shift ".