Good 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by thunderstruck507, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Vermonter

Vermonter New Member

Thanks for the tip LD. I'm definitely leaning towards picking up one of these pistols. I don't think you can match them for the price, compared with say, a Beretta. Nothing wrong with Beretta, but the CZ can be had for much much less.
  2. strayshot

strayshot New Member

A small to medium framed 9mm that's good for CCW or nightstand would be a SIG P239..not my favorite target gun..grips a little small. A first class pistol however.
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

LD, I remember Jawa, I even rode them!!!
    And, good for you, In reccomending the CZ 75B with the Kadett conversion; on this topic, we are eye to eye.
    For the younger of you out there, the CZ-75 was the Czech sponsor of the late Dornhouse and Dixon "Bren Ten", a pet project of the late and revered, USMC Col Jeff Cooper!
    The Czech pistol took the gripframe of the Browning P-35, added a DA-SA Trigger, and eliminated the Mag Safety.
    D&D took it to the next level, as a serious 10MM pistol, and a good one, but could not find a market for this recoil level pistol, but then, neither could the FBI
    The CZ-75 is a superb platform, and the Kadett slide only makes it more complete.
    LD has made a good and valid point or two here; I support his thinking, entirely!
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  4. Eastwood

Eastwood New Member

I have a Beretta 92fs I think its great. Take a look at Browning pro 9 shot the pro 40 and liked it very much.
  5. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

SUGGESTIONS...

Small money: Kahr, Taurus (24/7 or Millenium Pro), S&W SW99
    Big money: H&K
    For no amount of money: Glock
  6. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

[​IMG]

Since my initial post I have managed to spend my saved up KelTec PF-9 monies (and then some) for a new Walther P99c/AC..

It's a fantastic pistol. The photo above was taken of results of the first mag. of wwwb cheap 9mm ammo fired. (from 5', standing two handed..)

I am amazed at the qualities of the little Walther. I feel almost guilty being so happy with it since my all time previous favorite the Sig P239 came into the house more than a decade ago.

The AS trigger action is unbelievably smooth and light. I love the ambi mag release, free dropping mags, decocker, etc.. Adjustable sights and dead on accurate right out of the box.

I know the accuracy shown isn't very impressive for most folks, but I'm a senior citizen, declining vision, shaky hands. and I ALWAYS practice at Y.O.F. (Ye Olde Fart) self defense distance, 5-7'..

This Walther P99c/AS is capable of serious self defense accuracy that I am simply not able to take advantage of..

The P99c/AS reminds me of the Glock 26 I had years ago, but on steriods, with all the little things I didn't like about the Glock corrected...

JMOFO

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy
  7. shooter

shooter New Member

i think when i buy a 9mm..its going to be a CZ 75 P-01 compact..i like the size..i have medium sized hands..it holds 14rnd give or take..reliable etc
  8. shooter

shooter New Member

any love for the Baby Eagles?
  9. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I have always wanted to get a Baby Eagle but never got around to it.
    Do you have one and if so, how do you like it?
  10. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 New Member

it's not a double action but it sure is fun.
    bhk308
    and it's 9mm
    [​IMG]
  11. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 New Member

springfield and kimber offers a 1911 in 9mm. ihad the kimber and got really dumb one day and sold it. i now have a springfield. it is in the post above.
    bhk308
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  12. asp762

asp762 New Member

So your looking for a carry piece. Try the Kahr series in 9mm, or if you want all the safeties and such get yourself a S&W 3913(used) or the TSW series.
    All three are great shooters, reliable, and very compact. It does'nt always have to be a "Block". Or any of the other "Tupperware classics" out there.:cool:
  13. indynotch50

indynotch50 New Member

I have a really cheap 9 but the price was right (free). So I too am in the hunt for one. For reference it's a helwan, beretta knock off basically.

Anyways, I have a ruger P-90 .45 and absolutely love it. I love everything about it from the way it shoots, feel, accuracy, and safety features.

I am on a decently tight budget, so an H&K USP is rather out of the question. A friend of mine recently got a S&W that accepts the high cap mag, is compact, and looks like a XD. Not sure the model.
    What about the beretta M9? Isn't this military issued?

Sorry if some of these questions are basic or way off, just haven't had a chance to do too much research on it yet.

Thanks all, good day!