Good all around rifle

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by TheIrishMan, Oct 7, 2003.

1. TheIrishMan

TheIrishMan New Member

I am asking you you to do the impossible. Please suggest good all around rifles, but if you could, keep it 300 dollars or under??

Thanks peoples
  2. DK76

DK76 New Member

all-around-rifle

If your wanting a rifle for under $300 that will do nearly everything I suggest looking for used Savage bolt-action rifles. I have spotted some used for as little as $250 in like-new condition. Chambered in any moderate cartridge (.270, 30-06, 280, 7-08, .308, etc) it should be good for everything from small game through moose-size critters. Handloading of course makes any one of these cartridge choices very versatile. Savage rifles also are quite safe, reliable, and accurate. They may not be pretty, but they get the job done.
  3. TheIrishMan

TheIrishMan New Member

Thanks dude!
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I think the SKS makes a good all-around rifle. The 7.62x39 round is comparable to a 30-30 for hunting purposes. But it also performs great as a battle rifle, brush gun, plinker, you name it. It's cheap, and you don't have to baby it. Ammo is easy to find and inexpensive too. The fact that it's semi-auto is nice. For $300 you can buy an SKS plus a 1,000-round case of ammo plus some accessories.
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep! Same as Sniper says, Go for the SKS!!! Your price range dictates it as the most versatile....;)
  6. Dagger

Dagger New Member

have an SKS and love it, cant go wrong!
  7. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Hey Iman if you are looking for a hunting rifle I would suggest a NEF Handi Rifle, they are a single shot break action. I have one and am impressed with the accuracy. They are a nice rifle for the money.
  8. vonotterskull

vonotterskull New Member

I'm jumping on the band wagon here. SKS all the way. I have a Yugo and it's one of the best buys I've ever made. Everything Sniper said and a bad a$$ bayonet on the end. :D