1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Good, bad or ugly?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Nimitz, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Nimitz

Nimitz New Member

I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new (never fired) Benelli M2 Field w/24" VR barrel complete with hard case & and 5 chokes. Orginial seller purchased the gun this past Feburary. The asking price is $1,150

Is this a good price? Fair price? Great price? I was thinking of countering with an offer of $1,000 but didn't want to insult the guy as I'm serious about buying the gun ...
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

My last years Standard Catalog of Firearms shows two listings for the M2 Field. 1000 with ComforTech and 1070 with out. add 70 dollars for camo. With the extras I think 1150 is a fair price if it is as you stated. Of course anything less would be even better, I would offer 1000 ( I have never sold a gun that I didn't receive a counter offer, sometimes I smiled and said no, other times we met in the middle ). Perhaps other contributors have more real time information. Hope that helps
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. Nimitz

Nimitz New Member

It does have a ComforTech stock ... I'll offer $1,000 and see what happens, thanks