Good brand of "AK"

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Wolf 5.7, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

+1 on the Maadi, I mean they are built using russian machinery, just doesn't get better than that. Also Ratworx makes there own milled version thats priced in the $600-$700 range, check em out!
  2. Wolf 5.7

Wolf 5.7 New Member

What should you inspect for on a WASR? Anyone care to share pointers or tips? Is $450 to high to pay for one (before Tax)?
  3. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I saw cabelas has a thumbhole SPA ak-47 on sale this weekend for 350.00 I have never heard of these anyone?????? Seems very cheap but u can't beat a cabela warranty
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Wolf the price is good. Watch u tube videos on what to look for when buying!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Dang I was gonna saya little high. have they come up that much recently. Last one I bought was prolly 5 years ago or so and got it for 300. WASR2
  6. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Yeah it seems prices on the AK's went up in the past 4-5 years, now a days when you find them in the shop they are usually marked $500 and up, once in a while you see deals between $400- $500.
  7. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

The best quality ak/akm on the market right now is the brand new russian izmash saiga. Its a brand new russian ak/akm rifle not someones butchered rework. I have them in 223 and in 308win. We benchrested my 308win saiga at 100yds with the orginal sights and using surplus south african 308 ball ammo she shot 1 1/2'' groups. Some guys on the www.saiga-12.com sight are shooting 1/2'' moa's with better ammo. The russians at izmash focused on making the saiga's more accurate than all there ak brothers. Some guys who own both the saiga and the vepr say the saiga is a tad more accurate for less money(cost). Saiga's rock.....
  8. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Big bill- if u get that saiga in 7.62 x39 can u use standard ak 47 mags? Just curious not to familiar with those but I've seen they have great reviews!
  9. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Most require the install of a bullet guide for the regular AK mags to work 100%. It is a 10 minute job and cost between $16 and $20 plus shipping http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/saiga_762x39.html
  10. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Cool thanks for that info!!!!!
  11. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

By the way I just picked up a F A Coigier which is Romanian imported by m&m . It's Romanian made and looks great. Bought it for 550.00 at a local gun shop.
  12. Juxtaposed2

Juxtaposed2 New Member

VEPR all the way, best made Kalashnikov on the market. It's Russian made at the Molot factory. Based on the RPK (super heavy receiver, trunion, bolt and barrel) I just picked up a .308 VEPR 20-02 and it's AMAZING!! Turkish walnut thumbhole stock is a work of art. Out of the box I was getting 2" groups at 100yrds using a bag rest. Mount and scope on the way so I'll update after...I've been told it'll shoot 1", I just cant see any better at 100yrds w/o a scope.
    Oh and they're on sale at Centerfire for $499- $799 10/07/12) get 1 while you can-theyre more accurate than alot of AR's for half the price and feature the AK's rugged reliability and easy tear down.
  13. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I like my Saiga, it appears to have been made off the military side of the assembly lines with the receiver dimples, the chamber isn't stepped, the only thing lacking was the muzzle wasn't threaded. Converted it myself, it's fast becoming my favorite rifle ever, and I've been shooting a few decades. Modded mine to take standard AK mags, ten minute job plus the bullet guide but it will still use the Saiga mags as well with a tiny mod to the front of them.
  14. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I have heard good things about Saiga. You could always go American made and get a AK from Rock River Arms. Everything RRA makes is badazz! Most AKs will barely hit a barn when you are inside it. Not known for accuracy compared to the AR. I did shoot a Serbian AK and it wasn't too bad. Probably the most accurate AK I have shot.