Good CC gun

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by WhiteRhino, Jun 29, 2003.

1. WhiteRhino

WhiteRhino New Member

I am about to apply for my CC permit, and am trying to decide what pistol would be best for carry use. I have narrowed the field to a Sig p229 in .40 or .357Sig, or a Glock 27 in .40. I already own a Les Baer Stinger, but don't want it to have a case # engraved in it and have it abused in general if it is held as evidence in the event that I ever need to use it.

Any thoughts?
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Generally speaking, your carry weapon should be the one you're most experienced, familiar, and comfortable with.

If that describes the Stinger, that's what you should carry.

Your chances of ever having to use it are remote....but, if and when that ever happens, the use of that carry gun should be second nature to you.

Any of the guns you mentioned will do the job. What you have to decide is which one will do the job best for you!
  3. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

well since i live in the gestapo state of ill. i can only reply hypotheticaly

i have found that a person can go through what i like to call {mood guns} ,somedays a smith .357 ,on other days beretta .9mm , in the winter sometimes both , occasionaly a derringer for summer quick trips to the store , you just have to figure out what fits you or your mood

myself could never carry a cocked and locked .45 due to were i would carry it ,or under no circumstances could i carry a glock with one in the chamber , or for that matter any internal hammer auto

{had a friend almost blow one of his butt cheeks off with a amt back up once ,after my repeated warnings}