good day all!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tireman, Feb 19, 2006.

1. tireman

tireman Member

we have a bout 2 inches of snow on top of am inch of ice here in northeast arkansas--still sleeting--been a boring weekend on top of having a cold--looks like i missed 358 in louisians sorry ron, us hillbillys arent used to driving in this. i dont have a 4wd anyway---hope everyone is having a good weeken its bout 4 degrees wind chill------my 13 yr old i going crazy to ride the honda rancher we got last weekend!!!! too darn cold------see ya steve
  2. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

And a super day to you!

Low of a hot 30 degrees last night, currently 35 here in metropolitan Round Rock, Texas, home of Dell Computer with 8000 employees that each drive 3 vehicles to work every day.

Before the blizzard conditions set in yesterday I went to the local poor gun show and pick up a S&W 1911 from my transfer agent. Guess I'll wait till it warms up to see how well it goes BANG!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  3. lead

lead Well-Known Member

We got about an inch and a half Sat. morning. Our temps dropped from 70 degrees one day, to 18 on the weekend. Fortunatly, all snow, not ice. Stay in and stay warm, Spring's around the corner.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Good day to ya'll too.

It got above freezing, for the first time in days.
    Summers almost here........Woooo....Hoooo..... :D
    Well.........maybe not. :(
  5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Well we are back in Sunny Fl. :D :D where it is a warm 54 degrees :eek: :cool: and I completely understand Tireman trust me I do .
    I left early this morning because the weather was nasty and getting worse.
    Ron
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

We had drizzle all day yesterday, but fortunately, the temps were above freezing. Got all the way up to 37° here today :rolleyes: , but since I've been dying to try our my new Ruger, Marlin was a good sport and went to the range with me today.

Attached Files:

7. Well? Well? How did it shoot, SoMo? Don't keep us in suspense!! :D I bet you put every round into the 10-ring. ;)
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

It's a sweet shooter alright. :) I posted a target in the other thread http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=27464 . Didn't get them all in the 10-ring, but then again I was shooting offhand, so it wasn't too bad, other than that one dang flyer. :rolleyes:
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Wonder when were gonna get all that freezing stuff they keep promising. :mad:

Crp
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  10. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

SoMo,

You have to stop hanging around that Marlin guy, :p even your 22 looks like a 1911! :eek: :D :D ;)

Maybe there is a vacination? :cool: :D :D :D

Attached Files:

11. Crp, "freezing stuff" and "Texas" forms an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
  12. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

You all down South there are pretty lucky I am in -30 below zero up here in Northern Minnesota.. Missed the snow that was perdicted but the first night with wind chill factored in was -60 below zero..woohoo gotta love these winters.. :eek:
  13. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

PS, as a Texas ex-pat, I'm here to tell you that one of the coldest experiences in my life was on the beach in Galveston in July as the wind came off the Gulf of Mexico and blew our tents over and dang-near froze us to death. It was COLD!

Also, further North, in the San Marcos region, you'll get plenty of frost and cold stuff. Just usually not around Houston, where I grew up.
  14. OK, I will concede there are a FEW cool places in Texas, but they are very few and far between. I heard that during the last ice age temperatures in Texas may have actually dropped down into the 90s in the summertime. ;)
  15. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

High-Low

The highest temperature recorded in Texas is 120°, Fahrenheit. This record high was recorded on August 12, 1936 at Seymour.

The lowest temperature measured in Texas was -23 degrees, recorded on February 8, 1933 at Seminole.