The Firearms Forum banner

good deal on .223 bullets for reloading

3K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  mogunner 
#1 ·
Ran across this place on a FB page and figured I'd try 100 of their 55gr FMJ .223 plinking bullets. They have free shipping and fast too. I ordered on Friday and got these yesterday on Monday. Last night I sat down and ran these across the scale and calipers to see how much their specs varied, I recently got sorta burned on 1k from another vendor, which was why I only bought 100 to try out.

Weights and measurements were VERY consistent on these, I have to say that they even beat out the Xtreme and Hornady bullets that I usually load for plinking.

They have a special today as well for Veterans day, enter promo code Vday and get 5% discount on your entire order. I just ordered another 500.... :sniper2:

http://www.ammonationinc.com/

#4 ·
Oh no, comparison to them! I contacted Matt at bulletheads, he apologized for the "bad batch" and immediately shipped me out 1k from a new run totally free of charge and told me to dispose of the bad ones. The replacement ones haven't arrived yet, tracking shows it'll probably be a couple days yet. They'll get the once-over when they do, you can bank on that. Still, at these prices for Hornady, I'll stock up with Henry at Ammo Nation. I see that Xtreme has free shipping for Veterans Day as well for those other calibers!

#18 · (Edited)
That's because they haven't been able to build up stock. They sold their initial 35k of them, reordered, and sold those in a day and a half. I'll ask him when they'll have more, lol...

Nick says they were re-ordered and should be delivered any day now, keep checking back! ALso they will be starting a "frenzy"...whatever that is, at 8AM tomorrow, with .22LR ammo being added.

#20 ·
#21 ·
Yes, but I can't help but think that I can reload 223/5.56 for $0.20 a round in low volume at current prices and if I had a 22 Hornet I'd be more like $0.14 per round. Those numbers assume powder is $25/lb and primers $30/1k and using the $38/500 55gr FMJ from earlier in this thread.

#23 ·
I picked up my box of bullet at my son's house today after Church. I am not happy with my experience with them, so far. I opened up the plastic covered mangled box to find a jumbled mess of mixed bullets.

I ordered 100 .45 bullets - 250 .380 bullets - 500 .223 bullets

I got 98 .45 bullets - 250 .380 bullets - 3 .223 bullets.

There was no invoice of any kind in the box for me to verify what I did order. I just used their website's "CONTACT" box to send them a message. I am curious what their answer will be and how they handle my "problem".

#24 ·
Made me go down and open up my order to check it out... I ordered 1000 of the .223. Small flat rate box, taped up, not in bad shape only one corner kinda "chewed on". Bullets were in a heat-sealed plastic bag wrapped about ten times in some kind of black plastic wrapping, sorta like saran wrap, with more of it shoved in along the sides and ends so the bag of bullets couldn't flop around. No invoice, as gd noted.

#25 ·
I already got an email from Nick Henry. In my message, I mentioned that I took a picture of the opened box, he asked that I forward the picture. The way I read the email, he basically said that it was a problem with the Post Office and that they always insured the packages. I am hoping that they send my .223 bullets and file a claim for the insurance.

#26 ·
Nick is the guy I talk with on facebook as well. I get the impression it's a very "young" enterprise, as the first 100 that I bought to try out, they mailed it in a huge padded mailer and paid $9.65 to ship $5 worth of bullets. On my 1k bullets in this order, I also noticed that they paid shipping at the Post Office and just had a taped on label with my address, so I let him know that printing the actual postage label off the USPS website saves them a pretty good chunk of money over time and he said he'd let the guys in shipping know. It'll be nice if they can get their stuff together, but I know how tough it can be if you don't have your eye on every facet of the business, you always end up with a clown in there somewhere that can really screw things up for you.

#27 ·
My order came in the other day too. The box they shipped in was a little too flimsy to hold 1000 bullets and was a bit ragged looking when it showed up but it was intact.
Haven't counted out the quantity but the weight is pretty close to what it should be.

Now...as for the emails with new products and sale events....
Definitely have enough of those coming in. I'm sending the suggestion for them to have an opt-in/out button on their order page for the email flyers. I don't mind a weekly or monthly flyer but 6 emails in three days is a bit much.

#29 ·
I got another email from Nick last night. The email said that he had tried to call me and could not reach me. He asked that I call him today but he called me before I could.

I just got off the phone with him. He apologized for the mess and assured me that Ammo Nation would never send something like that. He promised to send my 500 pieces of .223 bullets on Friday, since they were out of stock right now. He said that they would be sent FEDEX instead of the Post Office. I think the PO just lost a customer!

I am not a person who is easily impressed but I am very impressed with their customer service and this will not be my last order with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.