Good for Sheriff Arpaio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by berto64, Mar 30, 2007.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Jail to start checking immigration records

Lindsey Collom
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 29, 2007 04:07 PM
    Deputies and detention officers will soon be checking the immigration status of every person booked into a Maricopa County jail and place holds on undocumented persons for possible deportation.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio made the announcement Thursday, several days after 37 deputies and detention officers completed a five-week training class of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency that gives them the power to enforce federal immigration laws.

Arpaio said ICE will train a total of 160 sheriff's employees that are slated for the department's Illegal Immigration Interdiction strike force, or Triple I. The strike force includes three components: a community action team, human smuggling unit and jail operation.
    advertisement

As of Thursday morning, the sheriff's deputies had arrested 20 people on suspicion of being in the country illegally; 13 were arrested after someone reported suspicious vehicles in the desert near Carefree Highway and Interstate 17. The other group was arrested in a bank parking lot near 51st Avenue and Broadway Road. Arpaio called it "good police work" on the part of deputies that contacted the occupants of two vehicles that were parked outside the bank before operating hours.

The arrests were a first for the department that, until recently, had arrested people on suspicion of conspiring to smuggle themselves if found in the company of a human trafficker. The Sheriff's Office has made nearly 500 of those arrests since August.
  2. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Hate by some, LOVED by MANY.
    He has my respect.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

A - M E N ! ! ! ! !
  5. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Just a down right outright shame that our elected politicians don't have his common sence and guts.

Liberal Question: What are you going to do with the 11 million illegals that are already here?

Conservative Answer: Deport them one by one, The same way they came here! catfish
  6. Good for Arpaio! My gosh, the Sheriff of Maricopa County is doing the job he was elected to do. Will wonders never cease? But just wait, now there will be an outcry from the liberal press over his "unfair treatment" of what are nothing more than criminals.
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Good for Arpaio!!!
    Pistol I know that you are right, just wait and see.
  8. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Can we coax him to run for President?
  9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I don't think the Lefties are gonna like his foreign policy.

I think it's probably something like: Screw'em if they don't like it. Cut off all aid to'em and they'll get back in line, or not, I don't really care.

Sorry, guess I inserted my own thoughts there. Hehe
  10. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Actually I think you echoed a lot of peoples thoughts, I know you did mine anyway. If we only kept say 10% of the money waste in the United Nations we could hire private security to guard the boarder and have a shoot on site policy, The law suits could be paid out of the excess money saved. catfish
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Dang it Pat.... you beat me to it!!! Thats what i was thinking..... :D

mike
    gn
  12. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Sorry Glock... it won't happpen again.
  13. glocknut

glocknut New Member

YEAH...RIGHT !!!!!! :D :D :D :D

mike
    gn
  14. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Berto I think that you nailed it.

And personally, I totally agree. Those that talk smack about the US should be cut off the nipple of the USA until they prove that they will be an allies.

Just think how fast we could pay off our debt and bring the military back to at least where it was before the Dems slashed it.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  15. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Nashville is doing the same thing now. We call it by the legal jargon: 287(g). More and more cities are looking into this, after Charlotte found that 30% of its jail inmates were illegal aliens.