good hi-capacity SKS magazines/drums

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by focusmaniaczx3, Dec 9, 2009.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

ive been trying to find a decent magazine or drum for my SKS for awhile now. i would like to get a mag or drum that will hold at least 50 rounds but if i found a 200 round drum or something of that sort i would be thrilled. anyway ive been having a hard time locating any that are worth anything. the last 2 50 round mags ive bought had such weak springs that they would only cycle about 15 rounds and then you had to remove the clip and unload the rest by hand. havent found and drums. there arent anymore places in my area i can find that have high capacity mags so im down to trying to order a good one off the internet. what are some good trusted internet sites where i could order a magazine that wont let me down?
  2. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

oh boy im a dummy. i completely mis-read this. somehow i read this and thought reloading as in reloading a magazine. not recycling brass. sorry guys.....
  3. res45

res45 Member

focusmaniaczx3 you have pretty much answered your own question when it comes to Hi Cap mags for the SKS,99% of all those after market mags are just pure junk and do not work,If you feel inadequate with the ten rd. box mag and stripper clips your best choice is the Tapco 20 rd mag. and your stock will have to be modified in most cases to accept it because of the difference in the mag width,it gets a little fatter especially when loaded.

The drum if you ever find one may work but be aware it will probably cost you about as much as your rifle did at todays prices,also because of the design your rifles stock may have to be modified to accept the drum. Also the original box magazine is one of the original imported parts on the 10 rd. fixed mag SKS rifle once you remove the original mag you fall under 922 and your required by law to remove and replace a certain # of other imported parts with US MADE part to have a legal rifle.

My 2 cents if you want Hi Cap mags that work,keep the SKS like it is and by an AK,by the time you buy all those mags or a drum and compliant parts you could buy a nice AK.