Good Holster for Les Baer TRS?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Ol1911
    (9/6/02 8:15:51 am)
    Reply Good Holster for Les Baer TRS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any suggestions? Not looking for any "high end" custom types (i.e - Milt Sparks NP-1). I was actually looking at the cheapie Fobus for it but then again.... Galco is nice also... DeSantis is pretty standard. I want the holster to cover the whole deal. No slides. IWB are uncomfortable for me but they are the best to conceal a GOV't size...

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/6/02 10:49:02 am)
    Reply Re: Good Holster for Les Baer TRS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    take a look here www.sportshooter.com/gear/holsterlinks.htm, I'm sure you'll find exactly what you are looking for
    In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.

Ol1911
    (9/6/02 2:03:13 pm)
    Reply what about....
    ...Fobus? Are they any good? Also I was looking at the Galco yaqui paddle, even though I do not like slides, I'm wondering how this one would work out. Anyone have any experience with the Galco Yaqui Paddle? Or Fobus.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/6/02 6:05:20 pm)
    Reply Re: what about....
    I have a DeSantis paddle holster. I have also owned the Fobus paddle. Both are good holsters.

I can reccommend the Wilson Combat pancake holster. I wear mine daily, even while driving, and can say it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/8/02 10:21:05 am)
    Re: what about....
    I have to agree w/ shooter45-us, I have the
    Wilson Combat sharkskin version I got last spring at the
    Tulsa gunshow and it carries extremely well. Very
    comfortable. The price is worth the comfort.
    -ace

Ol1911
    (9/10/02 3:50:23 pm)
    Reply HRT Special
    How about the HRT special by DeSantis? I just aquired one of these at a wholesale price from a dealer who received it by accident. Its almost broken in and its pretty nice. I usually don't use thumb snaps but its nothing I can't master.

Ol1911
    (9/17/02 3:38:46 pm)
    Reply Got the wilson rapid response
    Oh well, I figure the TRS deserves a quality holster so I went with the Rapid Response in shark skin. I have heard tons of good things about this model so I kind of went with it. I will give you a report once I receive it on Friday. Anyone out there have one?

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/17/02 8:03:22 pm)
    Reply Re: Got the wilson rapid response
    I used a Rapid Response for a full season of shooting. Great match/range holster. It's not a good concealment holster and could become uncomfortable after wearing it all day. But it was fast to draw from and held the weapon secure.

Ol1911
    (9/18/02 3:34:21 pm)
    Reply oh boy
    well i won't be carrying my TRS all day but will be times I need it for concealed carry. I hope the rapid response will do for me. I read over on the 1911 forum that it is a good concealed carry holster... i'll find out i guess

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/18/02 5:32:10 pm)
    Reply Re: oh boy
    Oops. Ol1911, I had the Wilson Practical holster, not the Rapid Response.

Ol1911
    (9/20/02 3:41:31 pm)
    Reply rr
    A guy at the range uses a rapid response and he showed it to me. I can't wait to get mine (on monday now seeing the wilson website messed up my shipping method) and start breakin' it in. Its an interesting design. I didn't realize it had that backside that covers the thumb saftey. Must be there so that it doesn't snag on shirts.

He uses his for concealed carry but he also expresses it isn't the "best" for the job. He says its an extreamly good quality sharkskin holster that is extreamly fast on the draw. He says he could have went with an IWB or other "pancake" styles but the rapid response conceals "good" and is very fast to draw. He says, giving up a little bit of concealment for quickness is a good thing.

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/20/02 6:44:33 pm)
    Re: rr
    OI1911-

Hope you enjoy it as much and as comfortably as I do mine.

-ace