The Firearms Forum banner

Good idea for HD

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  40CalJoe 
#1 ·
Well, I just thought I would let you guys in on a home defense tip. My wife and I recently had a son, now 8m. well, we use a baby moniter system. this is great, wireless transmitter lets you hear in a different room. I find it would be very helpful early warning system. especially if you live in a 2 story house, have the transmitter on the ground floor. and the rciever in your bed room. they work outreally good.

#2 ·
Good idea, they can be useful. I had one with my kids also; I wouldn't rely on it, but every little bit helps. I don't have it anymore; Rocko sleeps 8' from the front door and his bark will wake the neighbors! :D

#3 ·
I actually have been using one of these for years. I have a garage that isn't attached to the house and I have a monitor just inside the door set to transmit and one on the dresser by the foot of my bed set to receive.

Only problem is during the summer crickets get in the garage and make enough noise to keep me up at night so I switched the channels on the house unit.

Thanks for the thread, this has reminded me that I need to change my channel back on the house unit!
:eek: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.