Good luck if you have a problem with Beretta

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by paradox998, May 28, 2008.

1. paradox998

paradox998 New Member

In December I bought a new Beretta Tomcat as a CC piece. Took it to range for the second time yesterday and it failed after 18 rounds. I stripped the gun and reassembled, but the trigger still does not trip the sear. Since it is under warranty, I called Beretta customer service (at my expense - no 800 number). After listening to how important my call was to them for 90 minutes I gave up. Beretta customer service is the worst I have even seen. This is my first Beretta and it will be my last. :mad:
  2. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Sorry to hear that. I don't own any Beretta's but I have several friends that do and they swear by them. Give them a chance to make it right. They just might surprise you. (I hope)
  3. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    I'd suggest taking it back to the place you bought it from and ask them to deal with B for you. That does two things: puts the dealer on notice of a problem with their supplier, and gets the ball out of your side of the court. If I'd sold that gun, I'd want to know about that kind of problem.
  4. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Good advise User!! It never hurts to have someone step up to bat for you.
  5. patrol

patrol New Member

Take your gun back to the dealer you bought it from and let them know of your issue's and if they give you the "it's now a manufactures problem" tell them fine and give it to them to send back to Beretta. Do not base your opinion on not getting them right away on the phone, they are a good company and they will make it right for you if given the chance.
  6. SilentScream80

SilentScream80 New Member

i agree with you on their CS, as i have a cougar that broke the magazine catch on the third mag. change, a year later i'm still waiting for the correct parts.
  7. raveneap

raveneap New Member

I've got several Berettas; on the few occasions that I've called Beretta Customer Service, the response has been fine. Incidentally, one of them is the 92FC I was issued new in 1988. It's shooting as good today as it was 20 years ago, and there hasn't been a need for a service call yet. If you can't get through to them on the phone, I agree, talk to your dealer.
  8. So far I've had good luck with Berettas. I too have a Tomcat (.32 auto), paradox, and have experienced no problems at all with it after about 300 rounds through it. I also own a Mod 21 in .25 and a Mod 92 in 9mm. Neither has given me any problem. I would definitely get hold of Beretta on the issues you are experiencing. Beretta is not a fly-by-night outfit. They have literally been making firearms for centuries.