1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Good news for canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun-nut, Oct 20, 2011.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

i hope this is in a good spot. but if you have to relocate thats fine. this is good news for Canada. i hope this link works.Canada: Bill to abolish long-gun registry could come this week
    news.nationalpost.com
  2. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

We live 4 miles from the border, have a bunch of Canadian friends; none of them ever gave up any of their guns. They all still have pistols, semi-autos, on and on. They can get special pistol permits if they need to; most don't even bother. Most my Canadian friends buy guns in USA and take them back across the border all the time. Our border with Canada should be an open border.

Many people in our community are related to Canadians and vice a versa. I hunt both sides of the border and so do my Canadian friends; we often get together to hunt. Canadians are just fine by me, I figure one day we'll all be a single country.

I think us Americans have more to worry about concerning gun control than Canadians; no joke.
  3. Jackman

Jackman New Member

I thought that Canada pretty much band gun ownership , whats the real deal up there?
  4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I thought that too but a friend of mine has family there and they have some crazy laws on guns. something on the lines of that they can own them but the have to report time the leave the house the time they get to the range and the time they leave the range then the time back at the house. Theres so much that he has told me that thats just one thing that i can remember at this time.
  5. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Eastern & Western Canada is as different as Back East & Alaska when it comes to gun laws. Canadians all get a license they carry like a drivers license, then they can do anything, buy, carry, ect. Gun control is low priority nowadays. They do pay more for their guns than we do, due to taxes, but wages are higher than in American; it all balances out I guess. My Canadian friends all have diavari's not leupolds too, so I figure they are doing better than me, ha. I remember a new Zeiss my one buddy was showing me. He paid $2200 for it in Whitehorse and same scope was $1800 in that Larry guy's catalog; but they don't seem to mind so much. They are always bringing their guns in from Canada and buying, taking guns back. They don't seem to think there's gun control at all from what I see of it.

In all honesty, I think I'd have more all around freedom in the Yukon than I'd ever find in Pa or Oh; I grew up in Western Pa. I bet that it's goofy in Ontario, but Western Canada is the economic future of that Country so their world view has more weight than the back east leftwingers idears, no joke.

Economic freedom is really what freedom ends up being anyway. It's funny, The Canadians I know are always bringing presents down for their poor American relatives, and now they are bringing me gifts too every time they show up for a visit, ha ha. I always give them gifts back. My one buddy actually on his last trip before the road closes for the winter shows up with all kinds of heavy clothes & boots & Canadian booze and whatever. He has something for everybody too, kinda of a classy guy. He figures his Alaskan cousins might not be able to afford what he can in Canada; I'm dead serious too, it's funny where it's all going. Most these guys are Indians I know and they share way more than us greedy Whites too, ha. One thing for sure, they like the prices we pay for everything in the USA. An elec tool that might be on sale for $130 in USA would be $250 in Canada normal price. So when they visit, they go through all my tool catalogs, gun catalogs, clothing catalogs, ect; then they order and have it sent to my place and then take it back to Canada nx trip.

There's a real economic boom going on in Canada right now while we are living in a depression, crazy world I guess. Didn't mean to go on, but I just don't see the gun control that use to be the norm in Canada.
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

One of my Canadian friends called today, was telling me about Canada getting rid of gun control. He said that they are even destroying all records. Apparently, Canada spent billion bucks or alot of money on this gun control program and the current govt doesn't want any records remaining so some future liberal govt can easily restart gun control in Canada. Quebec is anti gun he said, but my Canadian buddy hates French Canadians anyway, funny cause my buddy is Indian, ha. He said when it their records are destroyed, then USA will have more gun control than Canada. He thought that was funny.
  7. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

WOW!!!!! thats just cool! Please keep us updated on this!