Good or bad news???????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Mar 9, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2:17 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal appeals court overturned the District of Columbia's long-standing handgun ban Friday, rejecting the city's argument that the Second Amendment right to bear arms applied only to militias.

In a 2-1 decision, the judges held that the activities protected by the Second Amendment "are not limited to militia service, nor is an individual's enjoyment of the right contingent upon his or her continued intermittent enrollment in the militia."

A lower-court judge in 2004 had told six residents they did not have a constitutional right to own handguns. The plaintiffs include residents of high-crime neighborhoods who wanted the guns for protection.

The Bush administration has endorsed individual gun-ownership rights, but the Supreme Court has never settled the issue.

If the dispute makes it to the high court, it would be the first case in nearly 70 years to address the Second Amendment's scope.
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

The appeals court ruled in our favor. How could this be BAD news?
  3. Tuttle

Tuttle New Member

dis iz gewd noos
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Its not weather it makes it to the high court, but if they would accept it in the first place.

There are to many cases and documents that say the 2nd is a RIGHT! I think that they don't want to hear the cases because they will have to look at ALL of the unconstututional laws. I wonder just how many there are? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions?
  5. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Not bad for D.C. I like it.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

A couple of things to keep in mind, here.

The decision was handed down by a panel, and be reviewed and changed by the full Court.

The decicion is based on the DC law that affects only DC residents and only on allowing them to keep and bear in their homes.

That said, I LOVE THAT CAMEL!!!!! :D:D:D

Pops