1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

good scope for under 50.00

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by new sks 2005, Jul 13, 2007.

1. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

i need a good scope for a no4 mark1 enfield sniper project anyone know of a good one under 50.00???
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

You get what you pay for probably more with scopes than anything...

Many people have good luck with the "mart" blister pack Tasco-Simmons-Barska $39-$49 "blister pack" scopes, but don't expect them to last or stand up to weather or hard knocks like a good one...I was actually going to buy a new Barska for my Pole M44 until I found the Bushnell, it looked pretty good for the money....

Bushnell is another one that makes cheaper scopes too that some guys like. SO far i like mine.

Another source is gun shows, looking for used ones....you can get better names cheaply, but then you are taking a chance on getting one that IS bad too...

Now I found a 4x Bushnell Sportview used at a show for $15 and took a chance on it, and it is the one that is getting the 1 1/2 groups out of my Polsih M44 I've been working with....but my buddy put an old Bushnell 3-9 he had put away a long time ago on his new .45-70 and got 6" groups at 100 with it last week..and thinks the scope is bad....because all his OTHER rifles have Luepolds...:p
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

NewSKS, If ya are willin to put out a little more than $50 somewhere under a hundred check out Barska. That's what I got on mine and it is clear and holds zero
  4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    That's my concern with a less expensive scope.

How many rounds before the x hairs rattle loose and you don't realize it ?
  5. southernshooter

I've got quite a few rounds thru my Barska that's on my Enfield, Plus it had a couple thousand thru it when it was on my SKS
  6. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

That's a good enough reccomendation for me.....:D

What's the price range ?

Does Wally-World carry that brand ?
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  7. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

i just need a good scope for target shooting so im not to sure what kind i need.
  8. polishshooter

Dunhams Sports carries a lot of different Barskas, that's where I saw the one that interested me...

FYI, I also picked up my 4x lighted reticle NCStar EER scope new at a show for right around $80, including rings AND the scout mount...even though the rings were cheezy, and had to replace them with som $10 weavers I still really like the scope on my M44 scout....
  9. southernshooter

10. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

11. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

sweet ak, al mount!!! how about a simmons scope they have one at walmart for 49.00 are they any good??
  12. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I like Simmons scopes. got one on my M1-A.

Cheaper scopes from reputable names like Simmons, Bushnell, Tasco etc with prices less than $100 are great values. They hold a zero well, they have good seals for the nitrogen & they stand up fine to recoil. The difference in these scopes & the next step up into the Burris, Nikon, Leupold scopes in the $200 & up range is that with the more expensive scopes you can zero them & then change your settings up-down or sideways a certain number of clicks & then reverse the setting by the same number of clicks & your point of impact tends to be right about where you started. If that's important to you then spend the money. Cheaper scopes won't do this as well. Optics can be a little better or similar to the value scopes. You have to spend serious money to get into the realy nice optics of the Zeis's & Swarovsky's.
  13. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

I never realized until a few days ago when I read this months NRA mag that Leupold is in the USA.

Being the dumb ass that I am,

I assumed they were like Zeiss glass...made in Germany....incorrectumundo....Washington state since 1907......:eek:

I'm guessing all the rest are made overseas...... [​IMG]

Saw a Leupold at Wally-world for around $89 or so.

I've never owned one yet....[​IMG]........but will start now......[​IMG]
  14. polishshooter

Al, my Buddy who swears by Leupold scopes tells me that buying them USED if you can find them is a good deal too, since they supposedly will fix them free of charge no matter if you were the original owner or not...kinda like Craftsmen tools, you never have to worry about breakage or replacement...

Now I have no experience with them, but he has sent some back and they took care of him...
  15. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I bought a NcSTAR 4X30 scope for $20 or $30 and it seems decent. I've yet to use it because I need a riser because it sits to low on the rings I found.