Good Shooting Ranges In The Marietta-Vinings Area (Georgia)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BulletArc47, Nov 21, 2012.

1. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Wasn't sure where to post this inquiry, so I apologize ahead of time if this the wrong area.

Anyway, this question goes to those of you who live in the Marietta-Vinings area in the state of Georgia. I'm currently going to Wild West Traders for shooting, but they're a pistol range only, and I'm dying shoot rifle and shotgun.

The staff has to be friendly, and the rates fair (Anything above 15$/hr is a no-go.)

I know Adventure Outdoors recently opened a indoor range that allows long arms, but in other suggestion will be heavily appreciated.

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

This one is not really close to you, but we do have folks from Atlanta that are members.

http://www.elbertcogunclub.com/

EDIT: There are a couple of ranges that are not shown on the web site. They just finished another pistol range with three completely separate shoot lanes that I think can be used for IDPA training (I think) and they are almost finished with a rim fire only range that has targets at 25, 50, and 100 yards.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

When I go visit my daughter, in Dunwoody, we go to Wilson Shoals, up above Gainesville.
  5. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Damn! That's near the border of S.C. lol:eek::D

Still their memberships rates are really nice. And, you can shoot everything there.
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yes it is, I have met several members from SC. The membership rates have risen from $80 a year when I joined up to $120 a year now, which ain't bad at all, really.

I have seen folks shooting .50 cal at the 400 yard targets.