Good starting .22 pistol???

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Mr Man
    (8/20/01 2:41:03 am)
    Reply Good starting .22 pistol???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do people reccomend as a good starting pistol for target shooting?

AntiqueDr
    (8/20/01 6:47:45 am)
    Reply Re: Good starting .22 pistol???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hard to beat the Ruger Mk II.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/20/01 7:16:27 am)
    My son started with a S&W 22 revolver and a Ruger Mk II - he much prefers the Ruger, although he has a bit of a problem getting the clip loaded all the way - takes some strong thumb pressure to get that button on the side pulled down to get the last couple rounds in.

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/20/01 7:35:37 am)
    Browning Buckmark is my favorite. I have tried the Ruger .22's. I did not like the clips (as mentioned above) the accuracy was terrible also.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

Xracer
    (8/20/01 7:36:26 am)
    Can't beat the Ruger for a first pistol. I've got the old 1st model, the RST-4....it's great for dispatching the ever wiley and dangerous Campbell's Tomato Soup can!

procrastinator
    (8/20/01 7:51:15 am)
    Spanish Cruffler ~ If your son has not tried the little clip loaders by Butler Creek and a few others, you need to get him one. They slide down over the clip and have a big thumb rest on the side that works great.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/20/01 8:24:54 am)
    Ruger 22/45 with adjustable trigger and 5-1/2" barrel.
    "am not" R2

kdubaz
    (8/20/01 4:07:11 pm)
    Ruger MkII in whatever configuration works best for the shooter. Have the Government Target Model with 6" bbl and find it suits my needs to a "T".

BTW, Welcome to the board, Mr. Man - hope you'll stick around and join us in our many diverse conversations.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/20/01 9:08:03 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Good starting .22 pistol???
    Welcome Aboard Mr Man!