good to best components for a Ruger 10/22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by numskully, Sep 20, 2010.

1. WTC7SmokingGun

WTC7SmokingGun Former Guest

I'm more accustomed to an angry mob of undercover thugs wielding pitch forks and torches... kind of like the pro-government "protesters" in Egypt. :eek: But thanks, I guess -- ducking for cover just in case.

My customized Charger also uses a KIDD bolt. I decided to keep the factory charging handle though. For the money the RT black bolt with trapped firing pin is definitely the best deal. Volquartsen and TI's rear-charging designs are incompatible with some factory parts. I wanted everything to be interchangeable so I'd always have spares.

[​IMG]
    Those Velocitors pack a surprising punch out of a 10" barrel. ;)
    [​IMG]
  2. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

Those Velocitors must be pretty magical, as I see it took only 30 to fill 4 mags...
    The OP says he wants to build an amazing gun, but he didn't say what he wants to do with it. A super duper bench gun is a very different thing from an ultimate little critter popper.
  3. WTC7SmokingGun

WTC7SmokingGun Former Guest

I was saving the rest for my morning breakfast. They go great sprinkled on top of oatmeal.

One slight technicality you might want to consider before ordering a rifle is minimum barrel length laws. By buying a Charger pistol I can pretty much put any size barrel I want on it. If you buy a 10/22 rifle then minimum barrel length laws apply.

It's stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with right or wrong, but it's the law. :p