Goodbye to an old faithful friend!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terminator, Aug 13, 2011.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

So sorry for your loss. Some people don't even think they like their dog as much as they do until they have to do as you did. We had a little poodle that we rescued he was the best little dog. He wasn't one of those yippy ones or a snapper just real mellow kind of reminded me of a stoner. He would have been 23 in April of 06 the January before he went into renal failure and I had to put him to sleep. I talked to him all the way home hoping he heard me, I had made a casket of stainless with brass and ivory handles brass corners and latches it was lined with 1/2 sections of rubber insulation covered in satin. When I buried him on the side of the house I asked my wife if she wanted his collar and tags. She said no because where he was going she wanted them to know who he was. I cried more when that dog died then when my Father died. They can certainly be your best friend weather people know it or not. They don't care what kind of day you had they are there for you when you're sick they sense when you are upset. I will never be without a dog but I will never have another like JOE! 1/6/06
  2. terminator

terminator Member

Tell Joe there is a sexy little German girl on her way!! Her name is Heidi.
  3. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Words can't express, other than "it's done".
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

:(:(:(:(

We're praying for you, Jstgsn. Hopefully still have plenty of time with my pup (just a 2 year old), but I can't even imagine. Never before had one I was nearly this close to.