GOP IN UNANIMOUS OPPOSITION TO STIMULUS BILL

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by thomas44, Jan 28, 2009.

1. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Good for them. Lets hope they keep it up.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

It looks like they grew a set. Let's see if they keep them when it matters. :rolleyes:

Art
  4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Lotta pork, not much real "incentive" IMO.... >MW
  5. dge479

dge479 New Member

the bill is a POS and needs to go and sadly it won"t. this bilge will be rammed down our throught.
    This bill is nothing more than a keep liberals in power bill. Funds for ACCORN, birth control, all kings of crap by the hundreds of million. Wheter the @#* is the main stream moron media.
    this country is getting sold out fast.
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

they didn't grow anything.....it's politically expedient for them to do so. They're in the true minority. There's nothing they can do to stop it. It's about saving their own seat now. :mad:
  7. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

The GOP have a better plan. And it would have stimulated growth in business. They got thrown out and tossed out. But none of them caved. When this stimulus doesn't do anything but kill the economy then the GOP will start to gain ground again. In 2 years they can say that they didn't vote for the mess and maybe they can get the house back...
    praying alot...

oh well...we're screwed....time to drink...
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I would love to see this as some of the Republicans actually being conservative, but I think Graehaven is right on this one.

I don't believe for one second that the Republican politicians don't want government to have all the power in the world; they just don't want government to have this power when they don't control the government.
  9. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I respectfully disagree with the idea that it was politically expedient to oppose the bill. We've got a brand new President that the media just loves and the American people know that SOMETHING has to be done about the economy, so standing up to Obama without ONE single member of the house minority voting for this bill...I'd say that's worth a pat on the back, but that's just me.
  10. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Agreed and I let my reps know how proud that I am of their actions.
    We have to stop this and contacting our reps is the first and most important step for now.
    UF
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    +1
  12. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I don't believe for one second that the Republican politicians don't want government to have all the power in the world; they just don't want government to have this power when they don't control the government.
    Exactly, c-josh! And the politics of opposition continue, unabated.
  13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Disagreeing is fine. However, if they were truly OPPOSED to it, then they would have opposed the first major bailout bill on the same grounds - too much pork. Principle is principle, and the GOP has proven time and time again that they have none, other than to preserve their seat, save their backside. That's it. When they grandstand as they are NOW, it's called political expediency - plain and simple. Almost, to a man, they are ignoring their constituency, as shown during the first $700 billion bailout bill.

They are all fakers (except Paul), and should be thrown out. :mad:
  14. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

This was a choriographed dance, all that's missing is the music. These Repubs did the same thing last year.
    What do they think we forgot ! ? ! ? Don't be fooled guys(and gals). These congressman/woman are all part of the problem. I don't care what party they belong to.
  15. RCGUIDRY

RCGUIDRY New Member

Hey Just google your Representatives and drop them an Email and tell them how you feel and what you intend do do about it ! It is the only thing they understand and it is your duty as a citizen to voice your opinion and not just bitch on the internet! Now I'm climbing down off my soapbox!