GOP UPSET VICTORY IN DELAWARE SPECIAL ELECTION

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Hardballer, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Brett McCrae

Joe Booth won, taking a seat that was held by the Democratic Party for roughly 40 years in a state where the Democrats rule the House, Senate, and the Governor's office.

What is most remarkable about the win was the margin. Joe garnered over 60% of the vote in a heavy Democrat area and trounced Adams Mervine by 30 points.

That happened despite Polly Adams Mervine raising over 2 times the money. Joe raised about $20,000 while Polly raised over $52,000. I am not a political expert but I don’t think that happens all too often. More food for thought.

Want to know more?

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Just wait till you see what happens 2010.
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Well isn't that interesting, hummmm.

???? Is this good news or what ????
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Goes to show what happens when you tick people off....

mike
    gn
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The Democrats in power now seem to think that the irritation with their actions comes only from a small group of vocal Conservatives. I don't think that's the case at all. I believe people dumbly pulled the D lever just because that's what they've always done in some areas. I believe that those people are now waking up because they didn't realize the true radical nature of what their elected officials had planned. I think the elitist Democrats are about to get their clocks cleaned in the 2010 election. It really exposes what they had planned all along. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and now we ALL KNOW!!!! :mad:
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Which makes for a BLOWOUT in the next set of elections...

mike
    gn
  6. Mouton

Mouton New Member

I agree that the dems and our illustrious triumverate leadership of Pelousy, Rude, and the Zero have over played their hand. The are now demonizing the health insurance industry trying to foist an unpopular plan on the public. That flies in the face of about 75% of the actual workers are on some form of health insurance through work and of those, almost 80% are happy with their situation. Dems work and are happy with their plans which seems remote to the three swine I mention in the lead in. This is not a "wedge issue", it is simply a matter of a simple law of nature which is don't mess with what I worked for regardless of how much it may improve someone elses situation if it will be at my expense.
  7. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

The Dem’s seem to think it is only a few kooks on the fringe that are making the big fuss. I’ve watched some of the Town Hall meetings and they don’t look like kooks to me, they look like everyday Americans that are fed-up with big government trying to take over their lives. The Dem’s can choose to ignore the voice of the people at their own peril. I see a storm rising on the horizon in 2010.:mad:
  8. kingchip

kingchip New Member

I would have to disagree with this statement. I think they know perfectly well that this is a power grab and that the voters see it for what it is. They may be a bit surprised that it was caught so quickly, given that they think we all are sheeple and could not possibly grasp what is happening.

The insinuations are meant to enable their far left fringe activists and get them out there to quash this rebell.ion and get the populus back in line.
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

After watching the news this afternoon, I told my wife I hope the Dems. lose by a 70/30 margin across the board in the 2010 election. Then I find this. Maybe there is cause for hope besides just keeping on to be keeping on. Thanks for the heads up Hardballer.
  10. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

This is great news. :p Hopefully, the pressure brought by O'no Care will be yet one more step to help us keep our weapons.
  11. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I believe the majority of sheeple that voted last election did for a number reasons. They were sick of Bush. The economy was going in the tank. McCain was Bush part deux, so they bought a sound bite. They wanted "change." They wanted "transparency." They wanted the "audacity of hope." No more "politics as usual." No one really knew what any of that meant. They wanted health care reform where people got the help they needed. Where people who could not afford it, got it. Well, the pretty package has been unwrapped, and now they are starting to see what all this means. The biggest spending of all time in the shortest period of all time. Complete Fedzilla take over of every aspect of our lives. Washington professional politicians telling everyone that THEY know what's best for them. A president who doesn't like this country and keeps apologizing for it. One who never had to balance a budget or meet a payroll. A poser who loves the adoration and the sound of his own voice.
    I think they're in for a big surprise next election. I don't think the things that concern us here at TFF will be the tipping point, but rather the overreaching of the Liberals. You don't have to be a gun nut to say NO to all this horrendous spending. Most Americans want Government out of their lives. Fix the roads and bridges. Keep us safe with a good military. Have some oversight so we are safe from the unscrupulous, and stay out of our way in how we raise our children, how we choose to live our lives, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. TJ
  12. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Teejay: +10 (You're pretty smart for a Californian! ;) )
  13. obxned

obxned New Member

I just hope the Damnocrates don't demand recounts while they manufacture the needed ballets to win. Maybe they are too busy tying to figure out why ACORN didn't do their job.
  14. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

I'm all for republicans getting voted in but no matter who wins it's more than just winning.

Reminds me of a dog chasing a car. If a dog catches a car, what does he do with it?

We need politicians who are looking out for the people, not the party or lining their pockets.

If the Repuclicans win and don't do any better than the democrats we start all over again.

I think a President with an agenda to help the poeple without putting them in the poor house might be a good start.
  15. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

While I hope you are right, I am not as sure about it. The Dems will see some of their mistakes and be looking for votes. When they go looking for them our rights may be challenged.

If BOTH parties continue on their present course, I think there may be a large split .... and thus this will leave the proverbial door open for any number of things to happen.
  16. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If things start to swing back to the right, does that mean that Sen. Arlen Sphincterstein will suddenly switch back?
  17. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Maybe in the nursing home.
  18. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

This is how I feel, this is it in a nutshell!! Simple and to the point )thanks for an excellent post!!

Most Americans want Government out of their lives. Fix the roads and bridges. Keep us safe with a good military. Have some oversight so we are safe from the unscrupulous, and stay out of our way in how we raise our children, how we choose to live our lives, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. TJ
  19. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

This is exactly the reason why Obummer wants everything to be passed immediately. He knows he has to get all these programs in place before he is voted out.

Who knows what he and his henchmen are cooking up to fix the next election so he can't be voted out.

The other night I saw a guy from AARP on FOX and even though they backed him all the way during the election I think it is suddenly dawning on them that he no longer needs them and once he gets the government medical fiasco in place they can forget about reaping medical payments for their plans.

AARP, you represent Senior Citizens. Obama wants healthy young people who can work and pay taxes. Your days are numbered.