1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Got 38 s&w ?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by area51, Feb 2, 2012.

1. area51

area51 New Member

My dad gave me an old Smith in 38s&w....Want to take it for a spin but no ammo :eek: The darn thing is not the easiest thing to find. Magtech makes a load for it but everyone seems to be out of stock till mid April.

Anyone sitting on some ammo they might be willing to part with for a fair price?
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. savage170

savage170 Member

Just got some from Basspro Remington loads
  3. yetiman

yetiman New Member

cheaper than dirt and midway both show the Remington in stock but it is pricey. I had a local gunshop guy offer to order some for me but it was high and I need .38 s&w in black powder......
  4. august1410

august1410 New Member

www.obsoleteammo.com

I ordered some, got it a two weeks later. Goes bang. Very pleased. The guys who make it, Bob Shell and Bob Shell Jr. are great to deal with and very friendly. I'm definitely gonna order more.

I have an old H&R that will only shoot the .38 S&W black powder loads. They're smoky as all get out, but a hoot to shoot.
  5. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Many thanks and I will be ordering a box of this!
  6. PBK 380

PBK 380 New Member

August1410
    Great story on the range report, Thanks

I have a Forhand 38 S&W and had been looking for some PB ammo and was having trouble as you did.. Finally found new brass in 38S&W at midway and will now pick up some BP substitute and load some rather than buying and feeding it gold. although with starline brass and new Lee dies I have probably spent as much as you paid and will probably never fire it that much anyway.
    I guess I am just one of those DIY guys..

Thanks
    Paul
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012