Got a call from Wayne Lapierre last night

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45nut, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Please read here.

Anybody else who needs their hand held, please apply elsewhere.
  2. DebS

DebS New Member

I assume your rant was directed at me or maybe Hardballer. I'll be happy to reply.

Yes, I know a vet. I married a vet; USMC HMX-1 Presidential Helicopter Squadron. Instructed to get the President to a safe location in case of severe emergencies, then give up his life because of what he'd know.

And yes, he did ask the NRA-ILA why they supported the VDA. They did answer. He received a very informative letter back, explaining their position and why they supported it. He also received a phone call asking if he had any other questions or concerns about it. They discussed this issue in detail to his satisfaction. He did not totally agree with their support of it, but they did have valid arguements as to why they were supporting it.

If you don't like the NRA, then don't join/contribute. If you are interested in contributing to legislative issues ONLY, then contribute to the NRA-ILA. The NRA cannot legally use NRA membership money's for legislative issues.

I have contacted the ILA for support in the House of my State and have gotten legislation scheduled for a fair hearing on a pro-2A bill with their help. That's why I contribute to the ILA. You don't have to.

But not helping to keep your 2A rights in this environment is not acceptable. Contribute to another group; you've already been directed to consider GOA and SAF. Excuses for not supporting ANY group because you don't like one, aren't valid.

When the rest of us that are funding and working for your 2A Rights end up not being able to give enough, don't complain when you lose YOUR rights along with the rest of us.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Calling members, trying to put the boogy man scare into them, just to raise funds, on a basically DEAD BILL, is just another straw on the camels back concerning the NRA.

Everyone has their own threshold.
    A bit of research, and I reached mine.
    Some people need more straws than others.

Some of that research is posted here......
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=46537

And just for the record, I belong to a number of PRO-firearms organizations. Just because I do, unlike many who do nothing more than send in their dues, leaving it up to the organization to speak for them. I STILL contact ALL of my representatives personally (not saying it does any good) but if 90 or 100 MILLION gun owners spoke out, the ONE compromising voice of the NRA would be drowned out.
  4. alhefner

alhefner New Member

It boils down to what you are willing to do right now to preserve/ restore the Second Amendment.

Most of us here want to follow a peaceful route to the restoration of the Second Amendment to its original intention. That the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...period!

To do that, we must be able to speak as a collective voice. As stated above, one voter flooding politicians offices with emails, letters, and phone calls is seldom really heard. It is when thousands or millions of persons are able to do that that the politician will begin to pay attention.

Now, thousands or millions of individuals, acting separately, with the same grievance can get a politician's attention and that is certainly important. One problem though is that those individuals need a method of finding out what requires action on their part and a fairly simple means of taking that action. That is where groups such as GOA, NRA-ILA, SAF, and others come into play.

By joining one of these pro-Second Amendment groups, choose the one you like best, your voice then becomes part of a collective and that group now has a way to notify you whenever they feel action is required on your individual part. They can also provide you with a very simple means of taking that action!

Most of the pro-Second Amendment groups also provide information around election times of politicians who are either pro-Second Amendment or anti-Second Amendment. Some use member contributions to advertise for or against politicians!

Member contributions to pro-Second Amendment groups are used in a wide variety of ways. One of those uses is recruiting new members! Other uses are for legal advisers to pick apart legislation. Some of the $$$ is spent sending representatives around the country to drum up support for the organization and inform members in person of just what is going on in the group.

I am not a huge fan of the NRA-ILA but I do support the GOA! I am a bit radical in my view...I feel that every law restricting firearms ownership is unconstitutional. Because of that, I'll support only the group that comes closest to my personal view.

Complaining about endless calls begging for $$$ from the NRA or GOA is not the answer! What do you think would happen if you were to lose every brain cell you had and joined ACORN or PETA? You would get a call daily from each group as well as everyone they sold your contact info to!

As for the OP, HR-45 may not be showing any progress but it STILL EXISTS! It is still there, just waiting to be revived, in hibernation. Until it is thrown on the fire, it remains a potential threat.
  5. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

I am not advocating drinking the NRA Koolaid either. I don't like compromise. I just know that together we stand. This is no longer a private issue. I you said you have found something that works better, out with it. This is not about hurt feelings, disgruntled attitudes about marketing etc. This is about survival.

I am not even the extremist here. It is almost universally recognized that we are in the fight of our lives. Lets put this stuff aside and get to it. "they" will take away your liberty and freedom to choose an advocate just to give some slacker, your money, your livelihood, your future.

Rhetoric like this whining is pointless so speak, write, do and get-r-done. Let the NRA know that you will not put up with the direction they are going in any longer. Tell your friends to make the case as well. But lets not take the bite out of this dog before he has a chance to change.
  6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

H/B brings a couple of good points to the table, however, if I may, I would like to mention an actual conversation that occurred in an elected official’s office (national level), for which we are responsible.
    I was discussing an issue with the official’s secretary, and the subject of mass (identical) mailings and lobbying groups came up. She mentioned that mass mailings and lobby originated comments are carefully stacked and counted. Individual letters are stacked, counted, and read. “If you want to know what an average constituent thinks, read his mail.” says the congressman.
  7. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Ya know, I've been thinkin' about this for a while now. . . and it really bugs me. We've given these people every penny.

Windows, the only retail product that has never worked right and still made him a fortune, entertainment for the masses and what ever you need at the lowest price.

Bill Gates:
    At one time, $100 billion, now around $45 billion. Check out this link. What an eye opener. You gave it all to him.

Mel Gibson: 600-900 million depending on who you read. That doesn't count the many fortunes made by all the hanger on-ers into the billions and. . . You gave it all to them.

Walton's This is just their personal wealth. I am just glad that they are both Right wing.

The NRA's total annual budget doesn't even come close at $200 million.

Does anybody notice a disparity here? Now quit yur whining and support the only people who will make a difference in your life.
  8. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

You know H/B,
    You're right. And I tell you what: When Lapierre steps down from his position at NRA, I'll re-join. Till then, I'll pursue my own research and support tactics. :)
  9. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

mrkirker, I am fine with that. I do agree with you on the point concerning Wayne. I think it is time for him to take on a new challenge. Maybe writing his memoirs. I don't know. What I do know is that the "Right" needs bold, decisive, courageous leaders who will not back down, compromise or weasel.

We, the "Right", ache for confident, charismatic leaders with a vision for a future that does not include kowtowing to the world. A leader who knows what our Constitutional Rights are and defends them with their very being.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And what I'm saying is, I want someone that knows how to pay down the mortgage. Quit living paycheck to paycheck with the hope that things will change for the better.

Heard that before?

This is NOW, not tomorrow.

No more suits. No more martinis in the cigar lounge.
    Back to the basics. Fight for the peoples rights, not your self perceived travel budget.

Yes, I want a well dressed, eloquent, defender of my rights.
    But I also demand some fiscal responsibility.

Sure, everyone wants a nice 'home', but some of us can see down the road.
    We look to our childrens future, not our own.

Buck up, or buck off.

YMMV
  11. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

The last time I renewed my NRA membership I was amazed to count four letters demanding more money before my first magazine showed up.