Got a deer............

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by netexasemt, Oct 18, 2011.

1. netexasemt

netexasemt New Member

Nice buck J.D.! Good thick neck, looks very healthy. Thank you dad2thebone, I was extremely happy with where the arrow hit him.

Usually takes two trucks, that funny. There's at least 10 deer on that trailer. Some nice ones too!
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nice Bucks guys!

I too hunt for food and because I enjoy it. So if it wanders within range and is legal. I kill it.
  3. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Those are healthy lookin' deer, fellers. Good shootin.' Now for some tasty backstraps.
  4. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

Wow, that's one good day of deer hunting. :) I'm getting a lot of stew meat cut. I just can't get enough deer stew during the winter months. And, deer chili is maybe the best way to eat it, at least in my opinion.
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

When did they legalize crossbows for the archery season? I knew you could use one during rifle season but I just looked it up and now I might have to get me a crossbow for bow season!! :eek: :D
  6. netexasemt

netexasemt New Member

Just a few years ago I believe. It's definitely something where practice is needed to master it for myself. Maybe others are more fortunate.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Nice hunting guys. I'm not a trophy hunter either, I've got my share of scraggly racks hanging around. Them horns don't even make good soup.
  8. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

Congrats to you both. I've always said the only good deer is a dead deer(s) in my freezer.

I'm still striking out. Been seeing them but nothing close enough yet. Have to work on my car this weekend so not sure if I'll get out this weekend. Hate problems during deer season.

Again congrats to you both.
  9. netexasemt

netexasemt New Member

Had another good evening. Got a decent sized doe earlier. She didn't go as far as the buck. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures.

I shot her with the same bolt I got the buck with, still undamaged, I rinsed it off and stuck it back on the bow.
  10. holyjake79

holyjake79 New Member

Nice deer. I'm hunting Mule Deer out here in Utah right now. I have until October 30th to find one. Problem is I may not be able to find the time to get back out there. I went out on opener but couldn't find anything worth dragging out of the canyon. So congrats to you.
  11. netexasemt

netexasemt New Member

Thank you, need to find a better freezer now. I don't trust the one out in the shed (it's old). I want a newer one inside with a temperature alarm just in case.
  12. hunte567

hunte567 New Member