1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

got a new-to-me rifle

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by McFry, Mar 19, 2008.

1. McFry

McFry New Member

I picked up a marlin m60 at the gun show last weekend, me and the kids put about 1,000 rounds through it already using all sorts of different brands of ammo. This thing is SWEET! accuracy is excellent, it did not missfire or jam even once with any ammo, and the tube was easier for the kids to load than a regular magazine. The only thing is, if i have a round in the chamber, and try to eject it without firing it, it just stays stuck in there, comes out when i shoot it though, everytime. Could my ejector just be getting worn out? What are some other common parts that need replaced on these rifles? and where can i get them so i have them on hand when the originals go. Anyone have an exploded view with parts list? Thanks alot!
  2. dusty9

dusty9 Member

Congrats on getting a very good .22 rifle. It's a keeper.

On your ejection problem, the extractors (there are two) could be worn or their springs could be weak. The first thing I would try, though, is to strip the rifle and disassemble the breech bolt for a thorough cleaning. It is possible it is dirty or gummed up so the extractors cannot work properly.

I have included an attachment you might want. It is the owners manual for your model 60 and includes an exploded view of the rifle, listing all the parts in it. It is a PDF file so you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open it. In the unlikely event you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, it is a free download from the Adobe web site.

Attached Files:

3. McFry

McFry New Member

thanks, dusty. im thinking ill just buy some new ejectors (both of em) and springs and save them till it quits working all together