Got a new toy

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 2000ShadowACE, Mar 27, 2012.

1. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

Hi guys, I just found this forum a week or so ago, and love the information on here. I just added a Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 to my stable and so far, I am loving it. It eats any kind of ammo except for hollowpoints without problems. I have only had two fail to feeds with the hollowpoints so it may have been a fluke. The gun is dead accurate at 25 yards and can hold an 8 inch group at 50 yards. Does anyone here know where I can find some good leather for it?
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Welcome to TFF! Continue to use the hollow points, that will be the round you want to use in this pistol. If after a couple of hundred rounds it's still jamming, then send it back to Turaus. As to the leather, well, it has been my experience that you will wind up with more than just a few holsters for that gun! But first you have to decide how you want to carry it!
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your Taurus!
    And agree with Carver about the leather, depends on how you plan to carry.
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

This thread is "WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES"......:D
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    from what i understand its not jamming but failing to feed,first a few hundred rounds may fix the problem keep track of what mag it hasd in it on the ftf.i have the same pistol in 9mm and have had no problems at all and i have subjected it to many different hollow points.a lot of pistols have at least one configerations of bullet they dont like. old semperfi
  6. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

Welcome and have fun
  7. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

Thanks guys. I will probably be wearing on my right hip as a back up weapon when hunting. I have had coyotes sneak inside 25 yards where the muzzle blast from my Mosin will singe the hairs off them, so a well placed .45 round should do the trick. I have a cheap Blackhawk holster but would like to find something more durable.
  8. ms6852

ms6852 Member

If you are a little saavy about firearms you can polish the feed ramp your self with a dremel tool. Or just use 2000 grit paper and do a little wet sanding using your finger very lightly. That should take care of your feed problems. I did that on my Taurus 99 PT and have never had a problem feeding anything in more than 25 years.

[​IMG]
  9. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

Thanks for the advice. I took it out yesterday and it fed the JHPs just fine. Maybe it was operator error. ..... Nah, couldn't be.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day and welcome !
  11. Lee D

Lee D New Member

welcome to the forum and congrats on the new pistol