Got a question about cats.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun runner, Oct 8, 2012.

1. langenc

langenc Member

One neighbor has cats and NO LITER BOX, just a cat door.

Neighbor across the street has several (how many, whoknows) that live under a shed. She feeds em couple times a day and wonders why they dont go somewhere else!! I told her it is jusyt like welfare-why go somewhere else?? She asked my wife if I wouldnt shoot em.. No that is illegal.

Why is it that dogs have to be licensed and leashed. Cats just run at will?? Could be a windfall amt of $$ for govt. LICENSE CATS
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Have 5 goats, 3 sheep (and the goats and sheep will be grown to small herd sizes), 3 dogs and 2 cats. Both cats stay in the house. We have a huge fenced dog run for our dogs and they aren't allowed to run loose (except when our dog Jysky is herding, but then he is under constant, direct supervision by me). Neighbor has 20 cats - all run loose. Granted, we don't have a rodent problem, but, any of those cats hurt the sheep or goats and they will become very dead, very fast. Same goes for dogs around here. The law here is 'You have to be responsible for your pets. If they attack or terrorize livestock, the livestock owner is allowed to shoot them'. Keep in mind that if a dog or cat attacks or terrorizes livestock, they aren't at home, they are trespassing on someone else's property. This is a livestock area of the country and we have wolves, coyotes and mountain lions. As long as they stay in the mountains there is no problem. When they come into the valleys because they are too lazy to go after deer to eat, then it's a problem and they will get shot on sight in a pasture. A doctor up the road from us lost 3 of her shetland sheep and one of her Great Pyrenees livestock guard dogs to wolves last winter.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cat pooping ion your azalea's is one thing

wiping out someones home chicken coop , guinea pig hutch is another but just as common

cats should be indoors at night , dumb things get run over a lot too

nothing wrong with responsible pet owners .. wish more folks where like em as the folks who aint just make it tough for the rest

and here we are ..

as much as i like the idea to licence cats , i cant bring myself to support another law that will be abused and used as a revenue raiser for the mutt;s, i could see some old dear getting a ATF style raid as she had one too many ..