got a visit from the state police

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Nov 17, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i got a visit from the wv state police and the sheriffs deputy tonight.
    i went down my driveway to check my mail and the picture below will show you what i saw.
    i went through the trash and found a name several times. i tried to contact him. no listed phone #. i called my sister she didn't know his #.
    tried to his girlfriend. couldn't get a hold of her. tried his ex wife. nope
    called his mom . no answer.
    i went to the fire dept. where they were holding a supper and there was his mom.
    i asked her to step outside and explained to her that she needed to get in touch with her son about the garbage that blew of his truck . she told me to calm down that it was only a bag of trash.
    i replied tel him !, and left
    shortly after i got home i saw his mom picking up the trash and i went down to great her . she got snotty as hell , and i said make sure you pick up every piece.
    that was fine till her son and his girl friend arrived.
    make a long story short, the son came at me running with his hand raised and said i'll take care of YOU YOU SOB.
    i backed up 3-4 steps and said DONT THREATEN ME. i backed up again and repeated the statement. he kept comming , i pulled my hand gun again while backing up and repeated DONT THREATEN ME.
    his girlfriend steped in front of me to block me, the boys mom grabed him and told him to shut up while she called the police and told them i had pulled a gun.
    since his mom had a hold of him i lowered my weapon and got in my car and went back home.
    45 minutes later here came the police.
    i asked them in, told them my side of the story, asked if i was in trouble , they said no. shooh hands with both and was told to have a good night and if there was any more problems to give them a call

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

Watch your back. You probably have not seen the last of them.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Next time, if there is a next time, you call the cops. Get your side of the story in first.

"Sumbich tried to attack me and I pulled a gun on him. His kin pulled him away, and there was no shooting, but I figgered I'd let y'all know".

Don't know how it is in WV, but here the cops would have arrested you for aggravated assault, and you could have had your lawyer fix it.
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Glad you got in no trouble. People can be pigs. My buddy tells people he lives a big mac large fries and a medium drink from McDonalds. He is constantly picking up empty McDonald bags from his yard. I told him to call the police as the pizza shops around here had to put their name and number on the box for this reason and they had to pick it up if called and go after the name on the box.
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

My sentiments exactly, you can't fix stupid and they've already proven their case. What in the world is up with people nowadays? They can't just clean up their own mess and be responsible and courteous?? I'm guessing the son was in his young 20's or so? Most of the younger generation needs 10 years of hard labor to know what hard work and responsibility means.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Glad you had no problems with the cop's. Around here this is a real problem but we have no shortage of convicts they use to clean the streets.
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

glad you are safe, watch your back. watch for the late night visits
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

when in doubt, just call it in; first one to call 911 or the sheriff's dept is likely gonna come out on top.

wouldn't be surprised if they pull some other crap like mail box baseball or some idiotic crap like that, keep a watchful eye!

Hopefully they learned their lesson though, good nobody got shot I guess. There's always garbage along the road in front of our house, constantly picking up lazy ignorant people's crap. Beer cans, food containers and just about anything else.
  9. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

If people like that had any brains they would just lick their wounds pick up their trash and forget about it. But, that's only if people like that had any brains... I hate it when people don't even try to show common respect...:mad:
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The big sign at the dump that says, "TARP YOUR LOAD" doesn't mean much with most people around here either.
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I used to pick up all the trash I saw when running around the national forest here in the cascades but about 3 years ago I stopped. No matter how much I pick up, I go back and there's always more... and more...

even bushwhacking way back off of trails and roads, son of a bee otch if I don't find beer cans! It's like they're being sprinkled around the woods by aircraft, cripes. How hard is it to bring your trash with you, I mean, it's significantly lighter than when you brought it!

One day I will catch someone redhanded dumping trash in the forest, it will be a bad day for them.

There's a guy down the road from us that had people dumping their trash in his back 40 which butted up to the road and a nice convenient pull out, he put up a sign (that's still there after 2 years now!)

says "Dump trash here, and you will meet God!"
  12. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

+1. It's amazing how much weight the "first" story carries, all else being equal. As silly and unfair as it sounds, it can make all the difference. Whoever comes next has to not only give their version, but overcome the preconceptions created by the first story. Human nature. Be first, set the tone, get the facts on record. At that point BS usually has much less of a chance.
  13. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Always best to get your side in first. Glad you didn't have any repercussions though it may not be the last you see of them. Bag of trash blew out of my trailer on the way to the dump several weeks ago - I pulled over, walked back and picked it up. However, I keep an eye out on my load always.

Out here in Idaho it wouldn't have been a problem either way since I would've called the Sheriff immediately when I found out who's trash it was. 911 here goes to the County Sheriff anyway. I won't play games with stupid either way.
  14. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Since you knew who the trash belonged to, why didn't you just call the cops, give them the evidence and let them handle it? You played cop on your own and ended up in a situation where you pulled a gun on someone over some scrap paper on the road. Maybe next time you'll handle it better...
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I spent about 5 hours or more with a firearms attorney not long ago and his advice based on personal/professional experience with the local prosecutors was be the first to call 911, it makes literally ALL the difference in far too many cases.

Sounds dumb but if it works, I'm all in. ANY altercation, I'm calling it in and then calling Mark. I want to live in my house with my guns, not at a state institution.

but armchair quarterback after the fact, I don't take anything away from what the OP did, can't say I would've done much else different in the heat of the moment. Just food for thought.

be armed and be armed with legal advice!