got a visit from the state police

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

I disagree Huck. It sounds like it was handled politely and tactfully, until the other person/people got sh***y. Why do the cops need to solve every stupid little issue?

Tom
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

basically, in many cases, the citizen solves the problem, the cops just show up afterwards to do the paperwork and clean up.

so stay armed and vigilant, be the solver if need be and let the LEO's do their paperwork after the fact. If situation affords it, call 911; I used to be extremely reserved before I'd ever call the law but seeing as how people call 911 because Burger King is out of fries or whatever, I have no hard feelings anymore.

I blow up their phone, at least that way I can prove I 'tried'
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

because i didn't want them to get a fine.
    in wv we have the castle doctrine
  4. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

because people that act like 5 year olds keep calling them.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Glad it all worked out well Hillbilly! The pics looks like out in front of my house. The road I live on is only 6 miles long, but there are three schools on this road, and it connects to much larger roads. Not only do I have trash from all the kids at the shcools that drive, but the road I live on is on the way to the dump for most in this area. I just pick it up myself, unless I see someone trashing the hiway.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I ran into a guy just like you many, many years ago, when I was young, dumb, and in manure! Caught me throwing a coke can out the window, while driving up a mountain, on an old dirt road. When he finished with me I felt about 2" high! I picked up my trash, and learned a real life lesson. I will pass it on if I catch someone trashing the woods, or other public wilderness areas.
  7. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Next time, go back to the source, take a ball bat and stuff it back into the mailbox real tight! :mad:
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Few years ago I was working the night shift. 3 to 11. Went in about 2:30. Then I had a day off, but had to go somewhere, and left about 2:15. Got home, about 5, and found this huge pile of trash in the front of my yard. The neighbors were doing cleanup, and since they had a circular driveway, there was no place to put trash at the street, for the garbageman to pick up. So they waited until I left for work (so they thought) and put it in my yard.

I called the law. Cop showed up and the woman came over and the first word out of her mouth was "You didn't have to call the police". Yeah, well you didn't have to put trash in my yard.

So her and her kids shoveled that big pile of trash back over into her yard, in the middle of her driveway. Don't know where they parked for the next three days, until trash pickup. Don't care.

Don't get in a pissin' match with the neighbors. Call the law. Let them handle it. That's their job.
  9. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I have to agree with Huck Finn. By trying to save the guy from getting a fine, you almost cost yourself a lot more than that fine. If you had shot him, you would have spent your life savings on attorney fees for your defense. Thank God you didn't have to pull the trigger, but you came very close to being arrested. If you had been in Texas they would have arrested you and an expensive attorney would have probably had the case dismissed. There again you would have been out of a lot of money.
  10. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

People deliberately throw trash on the front of our
    property regularly. Mostly large McDonalds bags
    and the stuff that comes in them.
    Last week, as MamaOzo and I sat in a big box store
    parking lot, letting the engine warm after shopping,
    and 20 feet from the Taco Bell drive thru window....
    directly in front of us.....
    two [early 20's] guys, waiting for their order at the
    window.....passenger opens his door and sets a large
    styrofoam cup-lid-straw on the asphalt, looks at me
    smugly....gets his fresh drink from the driver, and their order,
    and drive off, running over the cup on the ground......
    15 feet from a trash can.....
    It's not their fault......it's their upbringing !!!
  11. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

No one has ever told them no before; not even the parents.
  12. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

ALWAYS, no matter what you call the Cops IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Glad everything turned out all right for now.
    You should have called the cops as soon as you got home. This could very easily have gone the other way for you. If you pulled a gun, then you were in fear of your life, but since you didn't call the cops it could have been perceived that you were the agresser and not him. If there is a next time, you need to call the cops before they do.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I probably would have just picked the trash up myself, cussing under my breath, as I needed the exercise anyway. Seems easier than chasing down the owner of the garbage and far better than having to kill an idiot over some trash. though I agree it would have been one less dumbass in the world.
  15. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

If you think there is going to be retaliation,go to the cops and fill out a no trespassing warrant against him.