Got a XD-40 subcompact today

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Goneracin, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

After a long wait I finally got the XD-40 subcompact. $350 including a leather holster. it only has about 50 rounds through it.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

You did well. :)
  3. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Very well. I sure hope you enjoy that bad boy!
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

sweet. lets see some pics of that bad boy and the holster. i would like an xd in my collection
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

yes you would.....
  6. johnlives4christ

i guy i know has a subcompact xd in 9mm. i didnt much like how the grip safety blocks the slide from coming back if it's not depressed. theres a lot of times when looking over a pistol i dont have a shooting grip on the gun, but desire to rack the slide.

im sure i could overlook this feature though. i think i'd like an xd full size in 9

course i never met too many i didnt think i'd like
  7. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

Pictures as promised

Attached Files:

8. johnlives4christ

oh sweet man. i like the green frame.
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Cool. Give us a range report. I have a co-worker who has the full-size XD in .40 S&W.
  10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your XD-40! Looking forward to your range report!
  11. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Ooooh Ahhhhh Nice ! Love the green frame. I've got a full size XD .40 and love it. You got a great deal.
  12. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

thanks guys, love the words of encouragment. the OD green fram is what sold me on it, afer i saw that, I "had to have it"
  13. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

For a quick update, no range report yet, but I did carry it the other day for the first time in the Desantis holster. It sits nice and high on the hip, very comfortable and a nice quick draw. So far I am very pleased with this gun, light, but not fragile feeling, i can feel that its there but not too much at all. It is quite the change from the 1911, but I do kinda miss the extra caliber in the .45

off to the range next I hope
  14. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Let me tell you from experience. You are going to love the gun. I have the same gun and to shoots great with very little recoil, and carries great to boot.
  15. dmh

dmh New Member

$350? Where does one look for a steal like that. I guess gunshows just have high prices in the first place. I have my eyes out for an XD-40 subcompact too! I think you've sold me on the olive drab
  16. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Very nice pistol and shoots like a champ. I favor it any day over my block-I mean Glock.
  17. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

Im glad to hear all the support for the OD, that was the selling point for me. if it wasnt OD green i think I would have flipped it to make a quick buck. but I think it really looks good with out being flashy. I like the look of black with the stainless slide, but just not for carry, I prefer black or dark colors for that. just personal preferance.

I cant wait to shoot it though, its killing me having a gun I havent shot.....

On a side note, does anyone know what the coating on the slide is? It looks like black oxide, but im not sure. also, how far do you guys dissasemble these to clean them, It looks much more complicated than my 1911....
  18. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Speaking of OD green, I am trying to find a Springfield MC Operator 1911 in that color. I think they look awesome. Plus it's got all the rail and the bells & whistles like the TRP.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  19. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I just take the slide off the frame and remove the recoil spring assembly and barrel and clean those components. I'm pretty sure that's all that is recommended. That's one of the things I like about the XD is the simplicity of field stripping and cleaning. Not sure what that finish is, but it seems to be pretty durable.
  20. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

Well I finally got around to shooting the XD the other day. It is one hell of a pleasure to shoot, it does have a little flip to it, but thats expected with a 3 inch barrel. other wise, there isnt really anything I would change. no malfunctions, and I absolutly love the way it feels in the hand. if i were to make one complaint, it does seem to shoot low, but you really shouldnt be shooting any kind of distance with a defensive gun right. :)