Got invited to an "Inline-Flintlock Shoot..."

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by polishshooter, Nov 17, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I finally tracked down some black powder, at a gunshop owned by a pretty locally famous rifle builder, both cartridge and Black Powder, Ray Knight. I had thought he had died years ago, but he's still open, only on fridays, in two hour segments...so I went down for his 7-9 business...

Gosh, he's getting old, must be at least 90, and there were a bunch of guys in the shop kibbitzing...

When he asked me if he could help me, I said, I don't know, I need some black powder...and he shot back, "you KNOW that stuff is just TOO DANGEROUS, it might blow UP on you"...with a wink and twinkle in his eye;)

Then he said he had it, and I said something like Thank God, all those other guys shooting inlines have messed up us flint guys...(kinda loud, because his hearing is going...)

And the other guys came to life, with "Bite your TONGUE" "Pyrodex is for SISSIES and GIRLS," and a few other choice utterences (MY kind of guys!:) ) and introduced themseles, one guy is supposed to be a decent NMLRA chunk gun competitor, all the rest were flinters and sidelock guys too...from a local club.

Then the Chunk Gunner invited me to their monthly "Inline-Flintlock Shoot" that's coming up...:confused: :confused: :confused: ????

When I looked confused, they all started laughing...what they do hang a new In-line in a tree at 100 yds, then everybody puts $10 in a pot, and shoot the inline with their FLINTLOCKS until you miss, last guy standing takes the pot, less "expenses...":p :p :p :p

I told them that they FINALLY found a good use for an In-line and they agreed wholeheartedly...:D :D :D

I'm going to have to take them up on it someday....

Although they all seemed kinda crestfallen when I told them I hunt with the '97 Winchester during gun, and only use the flintlock during ML, and they all said something about my "modern" gun being cheating...:p :p :p :p
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Sounds like fun
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sounds like you tracked down the right bunch.
    Let us know how it goes if/when you decide to do it.