Got my new Glock 20

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by DK76, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DK76

DK76 New Member

Finally picked up my new Glock 20 in 10mm. I have only got to run 100 rounds through it off hand so far, but it has surpassed my expectations. Off hand groups out to 25 yards are great and most likely due to a great trigger. The pull is very light, but it's still that weird Glock trigger. However, I am quickly getting very used to it. It came with two 15 round mags and is of brand new manufacture. It has really impressed me so far and I hope to report more when I get some different handloads through it.
  2. thekidd

thekidd New Member

I have a 3.5 lb trigger on my Glock 27, it has a real nice feel to it, I would definately recommend that. Good luck with your glock and be ready to catch a little flak for buying a "tupperware" gun.
  3. DK76

DK76 New Member

I am now fully a 10mm convert. Have not had a chance to handload yet, but I have ran over 400 rounds through my new G-20. I have ran Winchester, Corbon, Hornady, and Remington factory ammo through it without any problems. No failures and accuracy is pretty good. Off a sloppy rest at 25 yards it wants to keep all shots under 2 1/2" inches. While shooting 10 shot groups I have been getting almost all shots touching, but end up with one or two flyers opening up the groups. This pistol wants to shoot! I let a few friends shoot it and all were impressed. One thing that stood out was the much milder than expected recoil. Even with top-end Corbon loads, getting back on target rapidly was no problem. Everyone agreed it wasen't much different than a 45 ACP in felt recoil and recovery and with the mild 180 grain UMC stuff it was downright cozy to shoot. The wrist snapping recoil I heard about simply wasen't there. The 10mm is truly an underrated and versatile round.
  4. offeror

offeror New Member

The wrist snapping recoil depended on which 10mm you bought -- the Colts had a bad reputation for torquing wrists. I have a S&W 1076 and it is one accurate gun too. Many folks I've run across say their 10mm is the most accurate gun in their collection. I hope to add a Glock 20 to mine one day. Congrats on the purchase. It's a keeper.
  5. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

Try some Double Tap Ammo if you want to shoot the 10mm the way it is meant to be instead of the watered-down stuff commercially available.
    My entire 10mm collection is on a steady diet of those hot (but still within SAAMI specs) loads. Try a box or two, you won't go back!
    Also, you might check out the 10 ring forum on GlockTalk.com