Got my power back..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 300 H&H, Jan 21, 2010.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

WOW....:eek:
    2 days of freezing rain, 1/2"+ of ice on 1.5' of snow, trees and power lines a mess. We were on stand bye power yesterday, and my lines here on the farm are down in the yard, blocking me from leaving. This morning I went to fuel the generator and I could see my neighbors yard light, so I threw my transfere switch and the lights in the house came on! So here I sit with my power lines down in the yard, still carrying juice! I called the power company, and they have put us on the emergency list, as the lines are hot and on the ground. It may take some time before they get here.:( I need to get out and get fuel to my parents house and their generator, to keep them up and running with heat.

I thought last years weather was something to remember, but 2010 is starting out in a fine way as well. Hope it changes for the better.

Anyone else have this ice?

Best regards, Kirk
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

That is miserable. Looks like I'm in for it over the weekend, but there will also be snow involved. Winter can go away now.....
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

pinecone,:)

I found a new use for my 3200 Remington trap gun, and a box of 00 buck shot......I used to to remove limbs form the power lines into the yard. Yup, they had branches building up on them. So I shot the limbs off below the power line, and once the bottom weight was removed, they would go top heavy, and flip over, and go to the ground. My wife thought I was nuts untill she saw it working....:D unfortunately the last "branches" turned out to be more like half a tree, and I don't have a gun big enough to stop that:p;):D

Regards, Kirk
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ha! Now that sounds like a good time, as well as a handy limb remover. I have to get some 00 buck, it's a must-have, like Duct Tape. :D
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

According to Algore, inventer of the internet and the environment, possesor of all knowledge of human history, and founder of our new global religion the Church of the Sweating Polar Bears, we shouldn't be having winter anymore. Come on Al, where's that glow-BULL warming?:rolleyes:
  6. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Durn....:(... by the title I thought you were a Jedi Knight or something... :p
  7. wingspar

wingspar Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNwaMX-QBU