1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Got My Press Today

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JohnnyRobotic, Mar 25, 2004.

1. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

Well although the area is a mess and i plan to add peg boards for accessories and the like i made the bench and set up the press today and wanted to share with you all, since my girlfriend could care less, ROFL

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  2. ACC

ACC New Member

AAAAH The familiar blue of a dillon, good luckwith it,and it will last you a life time, believe me, I have a 650 that's 12 years old, and I still pump ammo on it:):D
    Carl.C&RAMMO
  3. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

If i have Sunday off i'm gonna go up to the gun shop and get some powder and plated bullets he sells by the few 100 so i can start out and "dial-in" the toolhead for .45ACP it's a lil more but i wanna get a few to try a bit of reloading before i order a thousand bullets from the WestCoast people
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yup, beautiful Dillon Blue. I'm sure it will give you many years of pleasure. Happy Reloading! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  5. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

wow that look familiar ,not the best intructions come with it ,the video was a big help

Attached Files:

6. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

wana run me off a copy of that thar video, i'll send you the 99c for the tape :) hehe i saw it on the site today, worth getting i guess?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Yep! I've got the blue 500. I'm very pleased with it. I do 9mm, 45ACP, 38spl, .357, 30-06 and 8mm on it.

Pops
  8. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

shoot me an addy via pm ,i will send it to ya ,copy it and send it back ,i don't have two vcr's
  9. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

Wow, thank you for the offer but i ordered it earlier today, :mad:
    figues lol, it was only 6 bux so i figured why not
  10. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

it Probably would have helped more in the assembly ,and it has some neat video at the end ,it does help in the adjustment of the dies and auto primer for the first time

i am new to it as well ,but if my mistakes so far can help you ,i will be glad to admit to them ,if you run into a problem
  11. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

i have been messing around with it a little, i only have the setup to load 45 acp at the moment. Will it not load a primer if there is only 1-2 primers in the mag?, seems like if that little plastic plunger is not pushing down on them they won't cycle in. Also i just was loading a primer into a case and i fired 2 "blanks" and after i cycled the rounds the primers were kinda pushed out a bit, is that because it was only the primer being fired, they seat fine and are flush with the case when being made but just pop out half way when fired. Any Ideas?
  12. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

it should feed all the primers ,when my buzzer goes off i have three primers left , i did have to mess with the adjustment a bit ,it wasn't catching a primer each time,but be carefull with the plastic piece ,if you remove it primers go everywhere

other more experienced could answer the unseating question , my first uneducated guess would be to check the flash hole make sure it is clean ,and make sure you are using thr correct size primers {large pistol in this case }

i have also heard that it is not good to fire just a primer because the primer itself may not burn and gunk up the barrel {anyone know of this}, i have done it myself though
  13. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

it's cool though, turns my 1911 into a really expensive realistic cap gun ! lol
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You need to elaborate on this. It is a run on sentence and I have no idea of what you are talking about. The primer should never back out unless the primer pocket is loose or if the primer was not seated correctly.

If you are using military brass, if you did not take out the primer pocket crimp then the primer never seated to begin with.

Postal wrote:

Firing just a primer in the barrel is no problem. It would be if it was corrosive, but that was gone in the 50's. If you mean that the finished round had no powder and the bullet lodged in the barrel, the next round would destroy the gun if the barrel is obstructed.
  15. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Ah, Dillon. The last press you'll ever need.

Also, great tech support and it's as near as your phone. Check out the strong mount. You may want to add one to your 550-B.