1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Got searched for having my gun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goofy, Jun 24, 2012.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

searched for having my gun FINAL UPDATE!last page

:mad:
    Well I know this has been talked about in different threads so let me tell you what happened last night.
    I went to a parking lot to watch the fireworks at the pride ride in horseheads Ny last night with my family.
    We like looking at all the nice bikes and we meet ALLOT of friends there This is a parking lot for the mall it is right across the street from the airport ware they set off the fireworks the lot gets full of people who come for the same reason.
    We were standing around a Harley pan head with the side shift(NICE BIKE)taking pics.
    A Deputy drove by (They are always driving around checking on things)he slowed down and took a good look at me then drove away.
    One of the people there asked why he was starring at me I said he probably saw the bulge on my side so I watch him pull over on the far side of the parking lot and waited for 2 other cars to show up so I took out my lic. and CCP just in case they were coming back to me they were in my top pocket.
    Well I was right they came back and got out I handed my info. to the first LEO and told him it was on my right side and he did not say anything just spun me around put me up against the car took my gun and patted me down.
    a 2nd Leo told me to stay calm they were just checking me out:confused:
    I asked what was going on that I am legaly carrying I was asked why I had my gun on at a public gathering I answered "with all do respect because I can"
    Well by this point people around me were saying stuff like "this is a free country and if I have a CCP then what are they doing"and "You cops are out of line this is not necessary" well the cuffs were put on me and I was told that is for MY SAFETY!
    Well at this point my granddaughter started to cry so I was getting REALLY PISSED OFF but still kept my cool and asked for the cuffs to be removed and was told "they come off when we want not when you want them off"So I remembered what I was told and asked for a supervisor on the seen and was told again from the first LEO to shut up.
    At this point I asked out load for people to call 911 and get a sgt. or capt. to come here.
    The 2nd LEO asked me to stay calm again and at this point my wife and granddaughter and grandson were all crying thinking i was going to be aressted when the 1st LEO told them to stop the dramatics.
    Well that did it for me and I told the LEO that there father was a deputy in the next county and he was not going to be happy about how was treating his kids or me.
    His comment was "I told you to shut up do you think I am jokeing?"
    I said he was off base and if I did not see his sgt. he would be talking to my lawer and we ALL would be talking to the board about his nazi tactics.That he was way out of line.
    Well I gess that got him mad and he said I can do what I want. I answered you meen like carry a gun with a CCP.
    He said that he was going to charge me with obstruction if I keep it up.
    Right about this time a state cop pulled up and 1st went to the deputy that had my gun and a person who called said "Hey I called you don't you think you should talk to me"
    After talking to the witneses the state cop turned around and told them to take off the cuffs if my CCP was legit.
    They did and handed me back my gun.
    Alot of things were going thru my mind but the first thing I did was go to my family to calm them down.
    The 2nd thing I did was looking at the 1st cop(eye to eye) I put my mag back in my gun and holstered it.
    He said "i know what you are thinking so don't be stupid"
    I replied you mean like you. no I am not that stupid
    And again asked for his name and badge # this time I looked at the state cop and he told the deputy to give it up.
    I turned to the 2nd deputy and asked for his info. he gave it to me without a 2nd thought when I turned to the 3rd deputy(who was there the whole time but did not say or do anything) He gave the info. but added that he stayed out of it for a reason.(I would like to know the reason)
    The state cop told them to be on there way that he would handle it from here.
    When they pulled away the crowd (by this time it was alot of people)started to clap and say some pretty nasty stuff like pigs and so on.
    I told the state cop that I don't know what happened his reply was "there are good badges and bad badges just like there are good people and bad people"
    That I should file a complaint with the dept. and he handed me his card and said that there would be a report waiting for anybody who needs it on mon. morning.That according to the witnesses I did nothing wrong and should pursue this to the max.And he left.
    After talking to the kids dad(A deputy and my son in law and my partner in the shop)HE IS MAD REAL MAD!!!
    He said he was going over to the deputy and talk to him and his Sheriff and that"pig" is going to be looking for a job.
    So in conclusion even if you are leagle are minding your own business and do every thing right it does not matter if you get a A## H### cop you are going to have to deal with trouble.
    I feel like S### and want to kick this pigs head in but you can't win right or wrong.
    I want to give up throw in the towel and say that there is no use we live in a controlled country no better then then overseas.
    Mike
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

:eek::mad:
    Damn !!!!
    We need help from cops like that why ?????
    Are we that short on talent to be a LEO that we need to
    hire someone to fill a slot on the dept.'s list ??
    This happens all over, not just NY.
    It ain't just because of the pay either.....
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

another reason why i have no use for cops!!!!!
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Sounds like he needed something to do and went on a power trip. Good to hear you got your gun back though. You know why they don't like you carrying though? It prevents crime which eventually means more cops out of a job.
  5. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Obviously there is a need for cops by everyone, they just need to be like the state LEO.
  6. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

wow, sorry you had to go through all that. I would be speaking with the chief of police on Monday morning first thing.

It is frustrating but there are good and bad people in all professions.
  7. Willie

Willie Active Member

Good point. Please protest as far as you can. We do not need more jack-booted thugs in this..........The land of the free..........uh.....the used to be land of the free anyway.
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Some cops think no one should carry a gun but them. I wouldnt let this slide. If everything you said is correct this cop was way out of line. They can get away with this in my state Illinois as we are not allowed to carry guns.
  9. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Being a cop is such a thankless and dangerous task. I'd give them some slack.
  10. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

I hate to read things like that. It makes me sad for my country and constitution.

You did the right thing by not losing it and playing nice, no matter how wrong they were. The best thing you can do now is persue this with the police chief. If that does not work, take it to the city council/mayor. Either way, get your voice HEARD by people in positions over the officers. If you remain calm and respectful, your point WILL be taken and with luck, discipline handed out to the offenders. If all that fails, go to all local media so the local voting public can see how the elected officials fail to keep their public servants in line.

Odds are, someone saw your gun printing and called. The police always check out calls regarding "man with a gun". The officer should have been satisfied with seeing your ID and CCW and sent you on your way. Some get power trips and want to take your gun and handcuff you to make a show. That is nothing short of foolishness. By doing that, the LEO is introducing a loaded firearm into the situation that should have remained safely in the holster.

The way I see it, if an officer disarms and worse yet, restrains me when I am not breaking any laws, then he and his department are legaly liable for anything that may happen to me or to anyone I am obligated to protect during that time.

I hope you persue this and see satisfaction.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    They didn't cut Goofy any slack! I say pursue it! It will probably come to nothing. I went thru this years ago with a stupid cop, when I asked for help from his two buddies that were there, they left! I took it as far as I could, even hired a lawyer. The only thing that happened was I spent a bunch of money I should not have had to spend.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  12. cutter

cutter New Member

Give no slack!! This Cop needs to be fired!! He is on an ego trip and a bad apple!!! Look how the other two cops let him do that to you knowing they were wrong. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DO NOT TRUST THE LEO's. Most are good people but a few like this bully when they can. I will say it again this guy needs to go!! I hope everything turns out the way you want it too. And I would be sooo mad because you can not do what needs to be done (kick the bully you know where) There are too many good LEO's to have to put up with ones like him!
  13. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

quote: they just need to be like the state LEO.
    i can tell you a thing or four about the SP in our area, but i dont feel like typing that much
  14. mintaka

mintaka New Member

I think especially in NY, concealed means no one should have a clue you are armed...when poster stated he probably (from a distance no less) saw the bulge, you may be lucky you didn't loose your permit...if they can tell your carrying, its not concealed...I went thru this once...
  15. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

hey goofy this is a voting year. i do belive.;)
    Why cant we use the press to bring it to light. that will get it going. and make them take a good look at the officer, and his conduct.
    They do not want or need a black eye, from the media.:D

No such thing as a fair fight. I fight to win. and use everything at my disposel
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012